We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Embassy Suites Downtown???

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Windsor, Canada
reviews: 22
Embassy Suites Downtown???

Booking a girls weekend for May. Thinking of booking at the Embassy Suites Chicago Downtown. Is this a good cental location? Is it a clean and safe hotel for 3 ladies on a get away?

Also, I have heard that there is a good architectural tour from the water but can't remember the name of the company.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 66
1. Re: Embassy Suites Downtown???

Yes & Yes.

architecture.org/architecture-river-cruise

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 89
2. Re: Embassy Suites Downtown???

Both Embassy Suites hotels are in good locations.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago
reviews: 15
3. Re: Embassy Suites Downtown???

It is a good location, but also realize it is a family type of hotel, so if you are looking to get away from kids, it may not happen.

Take a look at The Palomar, They have a wine hour as well, I believe

Windsor, Canada
reviews: 22
4. Re: Embassy Suites Downtown???

thanks for the input. We are looking forward to our second annual trip to Chicago.

We stayed at the Seneca last year which was perfect but it doesn't seem to be available anymore. The Embassy sounds perfect for our needs - a place to rest our heads.

Any other recommendations????

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
reviews: 17
5. Re: Embassy Suites Downtown???

There are a lot of options for a suite hotel, among them the Hilton Suites, Hampton Inn and Suites, Homewood Suites, Comfort Suites, two Residence Inns, Springhill Suites, Omni, etc. All are within walking distance of shops, restaurants and the CAF Boat Tour.

If you decide on the Embassy Suites on State, check with them regarding the status of their renovations.

Edited: 3:19 pm, January 14, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 89
6. Re: Embassy Suites Downtown???

RIP Seneca. Gone.

waukesha, wisconsin
reviews: 11
7. Re: Embassy Suites Downtown???

Hotel Sax. Check the promo currently on Travelzoo.

Normal, Illinois
reviews: 15
8. Re: Embassy Suites Downtown???

I have stayed at both Embassy Suites and also the Seneca. My choice would be Embassy Suites on State st.

9. Re: Embassy Suites Downtown???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 16, 2014