We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top Chicago family friendly hotels around the holidays?

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Top Chicago family friendly hotels around the holidays?

Looking to take maybe a 2-3 day trip to Chicago with the family.

Want to stay at a great family hotel that is kid friendly.

Last year we stayed at the Omni and did the American Girl package.

Pretty much all I see are the AGPs offered at these hotels.

I could've sworn there was one last year that allowed the kids to cook/bake with a chef. Something like cookies or a cake??

We'd be looking for a hotel on the Mag Mile. With 2 kids, something close to all shopping and walking we'll do.

suggestions?

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 66
1. Re: Top Chicago family friendly hotels around the holidays?

There are many hotels along the Mag Mile area - at all price-points.

Play with your proposed dates at www.hotels.com or similar site and see what works within your budget. You can choose hotels by amenities and area.

Several good hotel deals here - http://www.travelzoo.com/hotels/chicago/

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 7
2. Re: Top Chicago family friendly hotels around the holidays?

The Embassy Suites by Navy Pier is close to Michigan Ave, has a decent pool and is across the street from a grocery store.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 89
3. Re: Top Chicago family friendly hotels around the holidays?

Embassy Suites on State St. is a better location / indoor pool. There is a Trader Joe's, Jewel and Wholefoods within walking distance. Lots of family restaurants within blocks. The Red Line subway is at Grand and State Streets. Also check Fairfield Suites, Homewood Suites, Comfort Suites, Hampton Inn & Suites ... all in the River North tourist area just off Michigan Ave. Some of the suites hotels offer free breakfasts.

Check hotels.com for prices.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
reviews: 1
4. Re: Top Chicago family friendly hotels around the holidays?

The Ritz Carlton has a good kids program. You can bake cookies with the chef and they have the Candy Man that will come to your room all dressed up with a big cart of candy. They will also decorate the room for your child.

Trump also has the trump kids program.

B.

Chicago
5. Re: Top Chicago family friendly hotels around the holidays?

Thanks all!

It wasn't so much that I was looking for hotels or locations, I was more location for family or kid activities for each hotel. Pretty much every hotel I was finding only offered the AGP. I wanted something different.

The Ritz sounds fun. My kids are going to love to bake with the chef!

Thanks again everyone.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 89
6. Re: Top Chicago family friendly hotels around the holidays?

It would have helped if you would have given us a price range. Nobody wants to suggest the Ritz Carlton for a Holiday Inn budget. The Four Seasons brand hotels (which also manages the Ritz Carlton, Chicago) always has family friendly activities. Since you live in Chicago (according to your TA personal information) just call the hotel and ask for special family events over the holidays.

Chicago
reviews: 48
7. Re: Top Chicago family friendly hotels around the holidays?

Peninsula has a kids academy, you can bake cookies with the chef and they have other activities too.

8. Re: Top Chicago family friendly hotels around the holidays?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 17, 2013