We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Recommendation?

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nebraska
Hotel Recommendation?

I'm looking at hotel options downtown and thought I would see what is recommended here. It's been 3-4 years since I was last in the city and not sure if there are better options now in the mag mile / river north area where I normally stay.

Reasoning for going is to pick seats for Cubs season tickets. Our dates will be Dec 7-9th. Besides heading to Wrigley Saturday morning we don't have much planned. Some shopping in mag mile area and american girl for our daughter. Plan on taking the red line to Wrigley so close to a train stop.

Just looking for options. We have stayed at Trump, Hyatt Regency, Palmer House on past trips. We will be flying in and using public transportation so not worried about parking.

Thanks

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
reviews: 17
1. Re: Hotel Recommendation?

Lots to chose from. Look at the Palomar, Amalfi, Dana, Conrad, James, Renaissance on Wacker - all are under $250.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 66
2. Re: Hotel Recommendation?

Hotwire's showing a lot of availability downtown from $89 and up for your dates.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 88
3. Re: Hotel Recommendation?

Check out Hotwire hotels.com and the hotel reviews on this forum. There are only about 76 hotels to choose from in the Loop and River North.

Chicago
reviews: 45
4. Re: Hotel Recommendation?

Waldorf Astoria

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
reviews: 1
5. Re: Hotel Recommendation?

If budget doesn't matter.

Waldorf Astoria

Trump

Peninsula

Ritz

Four Seasons

Park Hyatt

In that order.

B.

Chicago
reviews: 22
6. Re: Hotel Recommendation?

The James is fantastic and unique in a great location! I also love all of the Kimpton hotels, all in great locations - the Hotel Burnham, Monaco and Allegro. All are boutique hotels with a wonderful atmosphere (and animal print robes - which your daughter may get a kick out of!) If you want a really unique experience try the Wit!

7. Re: Hotel Recommendation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, December 16, 2013