We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seneca hotel

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seneca hotel

I have booked and paid to stay at the Seneca hotel for a week in August. It seems that they are now taking no more bookings for any stays after April this year. Is there any reason for this? It just concerns me a little bit that they may be closing down or something... Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

20 replies to this topic
Chicago
reviews: 41
1. Re: Seneca hotel

what did the seneca say when you voiced your concerns to them?

2. Re: Seneca hotel

I haven't been able to get in contact with them as their email system on the website is not working for me.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 83
3. Re: Seneca hotel

Call them. The telephone # on their website is 800-406-7621

4. Re: Seneca hotel

Being in Australia it's not that easy for me. I guess I was just hoping somebody may know if they will still be open in August. I'm sure if they took my booking and haven't notified me otherwise it will all be fine

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 64
5. Re: Seneca hotel

You can email them - http://www.senecahotel.com/contact.shtml

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 83
6. Re: Seneca hotel

Lionel, It would be good for you to complete your profile on TA. We have know way of knowing that you live in Australia. I just called the Seneca for you and they told me that they will have a new owner as of April 1 and there has been no notification as to the new owners plans. The staff feels, however, that they are going to be let go and the place closed for major renovations. The lady at the reservations desk said that there are no reservations being booked/honored after May 31. I would contact them immediately and get your money back for August. Even if they remain open they should have contacted you about this change of ownership/management by now. We live close by and were going to rent a suite there for three months (March, April, May) while we had construction done in our condo. It looks like that's not going to happen for us either. if their 800 # doesn't work from Australia it might be worth putting in a direct call to 1-312-787-3900.

Edited: 5:50 pm, February 20, 2012
7. Re: Seneca hotel

Wow thanks so much for your help.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
8. Re: Seneca hotel

It's being sold to - http://www.watertonresidential.com/

macclesfield
reviews: 8
9. Re: Seneca hotel

we are supposed be staying here during the ryder cup 25th sept 2012 to 1st october. are we going to be let down ,, help

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
10. Re: Seneca hotel

You might want to book another hotel as a backup to the Seneca.

Reply to: Seneca hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted