We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free Internet access?

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wales
reviews: 1
Free Internet access?

Hi

I'm off to Chicago soon and like to live on the cheap side!! Does anyone know of any places in Chicago (tourist info centres, museums(!?!) etc.) that do free internet access?

(like the booths on Times Square in NY).

Or can anyone recommend a good (cheap!) internet cafe?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 66
1. Re: Free Internet access?

metrofreefi.com/free-wifi-Chicago-IL-USA.htm

Wales
reviews: 1
2. Re: Free Internet access?

Whoops, should have been more specific.... anyone know of free *non-wifi* internet access! (i.e. computer terminal)

(though appears that Chicago libraries may have access if I can blag an out of town person library card!)

Chicago, IL
reviews: 83
3. Re: Free Internet access?

I was going to suggest the Chicago Public library but it appears you already know about that.

chipublib.org/003cpl/…pubaccesscomp.html

I can't recall seeing any internet cafes in downtown Chicago but then again I've never looked for one....

Washington DC...
reviews: 21
4. Re: Free Internet access?

This is not a very reliable suggestion, but I've noticed the display computers at the Apple store have internet capability. This is obviously restricted and you'll probably have a sales person on your back asking you if you need any help. But if you just need to send a quick e-mail or something, it's worth a shot.

The downtown location is at Michigan and Huron.