We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Parking

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indy
reviews: 1
Cheap Parking

I'm looking for some cheap parking suggestions for next weekend cause the South Shore Train doesn't fit our schedule

We're arriving around 8pm on Friday, August 14th and departing around noon on Sunday, August 16th.

Friday night we got a great deal on Priceline for the Hyatt Regency on E Wacker Dr but Saturday night we're at the Tremont Hotel at 100 E Chestnut.

We'd like to park somewhere in between those hotels but we're young and can walk if need be.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chicago
1. Re: Cheap Parking

Put parking in the search engine and many recent threads will turn up, including the Sterling self-park garage, which has a good weekend deal, and Millenium Park garage. None of these will have in-and-out privileges but you won't need them in Chicago.

Indy
2. Re: Cheap Parking

I saw the Sterling garage mentioned but I didn't see a website where I could confirm the current rates. The posts I saw were older and I didn't know if the rates might have changed since then.

Chicago
3. Re: Cheap Parking

To the best of my knowledge, the Sterling Self-Park Garage does not have a website. Below, however, you'll find a telephone number.

Best weekend value for parking is at Sterling Self-Park Garage (312-341-3463). It's in a high-rise apartment building. Entrance is on south side of Kinzie, between Clark and LaSalle. Weekend (Saturday and Sunday) parking is $8 per day (including tax).

The parking garage at the AON Building offers special weekend rates as well, I believe. See link below for phone number if you wish to call and check. It would be closer to the Hyatt on Wacker Drive.

chicagolandchamber.org/about/…default.aspx

Chicago
4. Re: Cheap Parking

The Hyatt Regency and the Tremont are approximately a mile apart, give or take a few blocks. Millenium Park and the AON building are right by the Hyatt. The Sterling would be kind of in between but off to the west a few blocks, probably a little closer to the Hyatt.

Gurnee, Illinois
reviews: 17
5. Re: Cheap Parking

The AON building is by far the best deal I've seen for day-trip parking: if you're in between 5 and 10 A.M., and out by 10 P.M., it's just SIX DOLLARS. And the garage is clean and secure. (You'll need to let the guard peek into your trunk and look underneath the car before he lets you in.)

If you're in after 10 A.M., the day rate jumps from $6 to $13. Still cheaper than Millennium Park though.

But I don't know what they offer for a "whole weekend."

Gurnee, Illinois
reviews: 17
6. Re: Cheap Parking

I should point out that the $6 / $13 rate is Saturdays and Sundays only - forgot to mention that.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 82
7. Re: Cheap Parking

Please - Please STOP asking this question!! There are 165 pages - not posts: PAGES - of this question. Type "Parking" into Chicago forum search for more answers than you can read.

8. Re: Cheap Parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 04, 2010