We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ohare to Hampton inn

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
baton rouge, la
reviews: 2
ohare to Hampton inn

Can some one tell me the cheapest way to get from Ohare to the Hampton Inn downtown on West Illinois. Thanks in advance for any help.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 16
1. Re: ohare to Hampton inn

Take the Blue Line "EL" train from O'Hare to Clark/Lake. Exit at Lake street and walk a block east to Dearborn. Catch the #22 bus north. Get off at Illinois Street and the hotel is right there. The fare with a transfer is $2 a person. If you have a lot of luggage grab a cab when you get off the train - it won't be that expensive and is easier than dragging your luggage on a bus.

Enjoy your stay!

baton rouge, la
reviews: 2
2. Re: ohare to Hampton inn

thanks so much..

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 15
3. Re: ohare to Hampton inn

I think the easiest/fastest (least expensive, too!) way to accomplish your journey is to take the "Blue Line" El from the airport to the "Grand Ave." station. At "Grand Ave." you walk upstairs from the subway and catch a "#65 - Grand" bus going east. The bus will let you off just about at the door to your hotel. I see no need to go into Downtown and then backtrack to Illinois St. - it seems to be a waste of time to me.

chicago
4. Re: ohare to Hampton inn

While the # 65 Grand bus route is a good suggestion, it's important to note that, unfortunately, it is not a route that operates 24 hours a day. The last eastbound bus from Grand/Milwaukee/Halsted (the blue line el stop) is at 6:45 p.m. You can print the # 65 bus schedule at the website shown below -- just click bus schedules and then choose # 65 Grand.

http://www.transitchicago.com