We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What do you think about the Palmer House Hilton

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Burbank, California
reviews: 1
What do you think about the Palmer House Hilton

I've received some feedback, but I'm looking for any room suggestions that you might have. Any room numbers that I should ask for?

I'm reading mixed reviews about the Palmer House Hilton on different travel Web sites. Any feedback from prior guests or residents of Chicago would be greatly appreciated.

Rochester, NH
11. Re: What do you think about the Palmer House Hilton

We stayed at the Palmer House 5/28-6/1. We really enjoyed our stay. I requested an upgrade to the executive floor and they were able to accomodate us (Hhonors member). All of the staff at the Palmer House are very nice and friendly. Our room with king bed and bathroom were very, very clean which is the thing I look for first. The room was a little on the small side but still had plenty of room for my husband and I to move around. Also we did not have much of a view but we were never in our room so we didn't care about a view anyway. The Palmer House is so convenient to everything and it is so easy to walk to things in the area. We loved Chicago and are anxious to go back and when we do we will stay at the Palmer House again.

Kansas City, Mo.
reviews: 4
12. Re: What do you think about the Palmer House Hilton

From someone who has spent maybe over 100 nights at the Palmer House from 1985 on, let me tell you, it's far and away my favorite hotel. I travel frequently for pleasure and generally measure all hotels against the Palmer House.

I have rarely had a problem there that wasn't handled quickly and professionally. The rooms have all within the last three years been refurbished and are spotlessly clean. Rooms as mentioned, do vary in size but some are quite large with two bathrooms. These two-bath rooms will provede more space than any standard hotel room, larger than the so-called suites of Embassy Suites. This is a remarkable landmark hotel far more beautiful and better run than the majority of hotels in Chicago.

I'm sure certain people could fail to appreciate the Louve, the Sistine Chapel, and likewise the Palmer House. For them, they really should stick with the boring familiarity of Marriott/Holiday Inn.

Chicagoans are lucky to have such a famous and remarkable hotel.

Blueslily, ask for a two-bath room on Monroe St. side; your sure to have a wonderful and memorable stay.

glasgow uk
reviews: 31
13. Re: What do you think about the Palmer House Hilton

We have just returned from the Palmer House Hilton and could not really complain about anything except them wanting to charge for a late check-out- I complained and we weren't charged.

We had a very spacious king room. The bathroom was a bit small but the size of the bedroom made up for this. The room number was 21-156 so maybe all the 156 rooms are the same size. The hotel was clean and the executive lounge was very nice(got access as a Hilton Honors member). The hotel is very large but is in a good position. I enjoyed my stay.

Burbank, California
reviews: 1
14. Re: What do you think about the Palmer House Hilton

Thanks for all of your responses to my post. I feel a little more confident about my reservation. But, it's through Price Line so I'm guessing that I'll get the lowest of their class. I'll try to see if I can get an upgrade. I really hope so. Has anyone stayed there with a Price Line booking?

reviews: 32
15. Re: What do you think about the Palmer House Hilton

Can anyone comment as to what extras you get if you stay on the executive level at the Palmer House? It says it offers free continental breakfast and non-alcoholic beverages all day in the executive level lobby. Also, are the rooms larger on that level? During our stay it is about $40 extra a night to upgrade to the executive level rooms and I'm thinking it would be worth that if the rooms are larger....

Chicago, IL
reviews: 9
16. Re: What do you think about the Palmer House Hilton

FYI: Trader Vic's (lower level of Palmer House) is now closed. Bummer.

17. Re: What do you think about the Palmer House Hilton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, August 16, 2009