We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Midway?

Which Bloomington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
Transportation from Midway?

Looking for suggestions on how to get from Midway to Bloomington. We would prefer to not rent a car. If the best way is by train, what station?

6 replies to this topic
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Chicago
reviews: 3
1. Re: Transportation from Midway?

Catch Amtrak's Texas Eagle or Lincoln Service train downtown at Union Station. Take the Orange Line from Midway to the Quincy stop, then walk three blocks west.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
reviews: 32
2. Re: Transportation from Midway?

As mentioned, there are 5-6 trains a day from Union Station, and they can be as cheap as $13 one-way, but you have to get to Union Station from MDW, as Citylights has advised. Try to avoid the Texas Eagle, as it is a long-haul train to Dallas and Los Angeles, and runs slower than the others, which are high-speed (110 mph) trains. See www.amtrak.com for details.

There are also several airport buses a day directly from MDW (and ORD) to Bloomington-Normal's transportation center, which also is the Amtrak station and bus center. I think the tickets cost around $35-40 each way, which is more expensive than Amtrak, but is more convenient. Once at the transportation center, you can take a city bus or taxi to your final destination in Bloomington. See www.peoriacharter.com for details.

Connecticut
3. Re: Transportation from Midway?

Thanks for your suggestions. I am going to check both of them out.

carlock
reviews: 1
4. Re: Transportation from Midway?

I am trying to find out if there is a shuttle from Bloomington Illinois to midway Chicago airport. what I need to do to find out and what schedule is

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 66
5. Re: Transportation from Midway?

I'm not aware of any bus company that runs that route.

You can take Amtrak to Union Station in Chicago + CTA orange line train to MDW.

www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer…

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
reviews: 32
6. Re: Transportation from Midway?

Peoria Charter Coarch runs full-size coaches between MDW and Bloomington-Normal about 6-8 times a day. See https://peoriacharter.com .

Reply to: Transportation from Midway?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bloomington