We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to Bloomington,IN

Which Bloomington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bloomington...
Best way to get to Bloomington,IN

Hi,

I need to get to Bloomington,Indiana from Bloomington,Illinois. I do not have a car and would like to know the most economical way to get there. Are there bus services running between the two places?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Chicago
reviews: 3
1. Re: Best way to get to Bloomington,IN

As both are college towns, they are both served by Greyhound. Check www.greyhound.com for schedules.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 66
2. Re: Best way to get to Bloomington,IN

Greyhound will involve a 9 hour haul with an overnight in Indianapolis.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
reviews: 30
3. Re: Best way to get to Bloomington,IN

To my knowledge, there's no direct service between the Bloomington in Illinois and the one in Indiana; any route will involve either Indianapolis or Chicago. Besides Grayhound, also check out www.lincolnlandexpress.com and www.burlingtontrailways.com, which provide daily bus service between Bloomington IL and Indianapolis on nicer coaches (can be expensive, however). Then, look at www.bloomingtonshuttle.com, which provides service from Indy's airport to the Indiana University campus.

Of course, it's easy to get from Bloomington IL to Chicago via air, train, and several bus companies. I don't know the routes from Chicago or its airports to Bloomington IN, but I'm sure you could Google that.

If you are going round-trip and have a driver's license, a rental car would make sense. Enterprise has three locations in Bloomington-Normal, and a number of the other major companies are at or near the CIRA airport. Also, if you are a student, check on ride sharing at your university, but be sure to be cautious about your safety.

Reply to: Best way to get to Bloomington,IN
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bloomington