We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

camping near Twin Falls

In cooperation with: Idaho Division of Tourism
Which Twin Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northern California
reviews: 10
camping near Twin Falls

Does anyone know of any nice(and cheap) camping spots for a quick overnighter in or around Twin Falls? We were thinking about the Walmart in Jerome, but would prefer something more...er...scenic.

Twin Falls, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Twin Falls
reviews: 45
1. Re: camping near Twin Falls

There's a KOA outside Jerome but I'm afraid it's not much more scenic than the Walmart parking lot! :P

My friends who come down from Washington always stay at Anderson Camp. There are mature trees, a water slide if you're entertaining kids, a convenience store, and it's right by the freeway. Their website is www.andersoncamp.com You'll probably want to call them since they haven't updated their rates for 2009.

Pug

Twin Falls, Idaho
reviews: 35
2. Re: camping near Twin Falls

I wonder if there's camping out by Nat Soo Pah. I remember seeing RVs parked out there. And who would you call?

Great to see you Idaho, Pug! Our shelter dog of seven years ran off and we adopted an adult basset mix. He and the labradoodle ran off, got confused on the road to the falls. Twin Falls neighbors are the best. Ladies called me along their journey and we got them back. :-)

Salt Lake City, Utah
reviews: 8
3. Re: camping near Twin Falls

How about Free? There is an undeveloped spot on the snake river near Star Falls (Cauldra Lin) just upstream from Murtaugh, Idaho. It is a regular camp spot for people boating the Murtaugh section of the Snake. you can find exact directions on a rafting or kayaking sites. Good luck

Twin Falls, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Twin Falls
reviews: 45
4. Re: camping near Twin Falls

Undeveloped camping at Cauldron Linn... hmm, depends on how adventurous you are (and how attached to flush toilets!) I wouldn't try to take a camper, trailer, or motor home down that grade.

Hey Jannel, good to see you, too! There is camping at Nat-Soo-Pah, if a person wants to go that far off the freeway. For that matter, the South Hills and their various campground are also an option.

There's also the Oregon Trail campground on Kimberly Road.

So Kdonna, do you have an RV or travel trailer, or are you kayaking? :)

Pug

5. Re: camping near Twin Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, November 02, 2009