We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring 2010

In cooperation with: Idaho Division of Tourism
Which Sun Valley hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
maryland
Spring 2010

Have been to SV in the summer and fall and have found it to be breathtaking.

Would like to come back in the spring, 2010, but do not anticipate skiing at all. Want to come for the flowers, the beauty and the restaurants. Any idea when it would be good to go?

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
reviews: 306
1. Re: Spring 2010

Well, it totally depends on the winter that we have. I am a gardner, and say that by the end of may, june to play it safe, the flowers would be "starting", the longer you can wait, the better that they are. this year, we had a long rain of 36 days, the most on record, and the hills are still green and the wild flowers are out!!!

maryland
2. Re: Spring 2010

Thank you so much. Five friends are coming with me and they have never been to sun valley. I want them to love it and see all the beauty that sun valley has to offer.

idaho
Destination Expert
3. Re: Spring 2010

that is how i feel. i want everyone that comes here to love it like i do. i feel terrible, in the winter, when families have saved to come to SV and it rains, or is too cold. Or in the summer, like last week when the daughter in law was here , IT RAINED the whole time...oh, well, have a blast

maryland
4. Re: Spring 2010

What is it like in April and May?

Sun Valley, ID
reviews: 70
5. Re: Spring 2010

April and May are a tough call around here...it seems to vary from year to year. This year there was still snow around..last year, not so much. If you're looking to do outdoor activites, mid-May may be a safe bet, as some of the lower trails will be open, as well as the trails down south. Enjoy your trip!

idaho
Destination Expert
6. Re: Spring 2010

well, on a good ski year, we are still skiing. i we skiied untill April 12 and that is early to stop the skiing.

so, you could ski, snow shoe, x country ski, hike to a yurt at Galena summit and spend the night.

May, you could mountain bike, and MAYBE do a few lower hikes. It really depends on the year, and after 30+, they are all different.

I try and plant my garden the first week in May. It can also be the rainest months!! who knows. Can't you come in June??

No matter what, you will have a grand old time. We have lots of hot springs!!

maryland
7. Re: Spring 2010

I just want my friends to see Sun Valley at its most beautiful and I think when all the flowers come out, that's when it's optimum. We will not be doing any athletic endeavors other than golf and bending the elbow in the restaurants. It's really the beauty and ambiance of sun valley that we're looking for.

Sun Valley, ID
reviews: 70
8. Re: Spring 2010

PTA1-if looking to golf, enjoy the outdoors, etc...I would suggest early June. Its just to unpredictable in April and May!

idaho
Destination Expert
9. Re: Spring 2010

try and wait for june, or as long as you can. mid june would even be better and the crowds aren't here yet.

10. Re: Spring 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 18, 2010