We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Week long visit w/ small kids

In cooperation with: Idaho Division of Tourism
Which Coeur d'Alene hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
reviews: 5
Week long visit w/ small kids

Looks like I'll be spending a week in Coeur D'Alene in the middle of August. Until 1 pm every day I'll be attending a conference at the Coeur D'Alene resort. My wife and kids (ages 4 and 1) will be tagging along. My plan is to rent a two bedroom condo near the resort so that I can just walk to the conference very morning, but I'm curious about possible activities for my family? What can they do while I'm at the conference? What are other activities that would work for the afternoons as a family?

15 replies to this topic
Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Spokane, Chelan
reviews: 34
1. Re: Week long visit w/ small kids

There things going on at different days so check out these web-sites for the info...

www.coeurdalene.org

www.3play.com

www.cdaresort.com

These may help some.

Also come to Spokane one day and go to the park, the kids might like the train ride and other things that are going on.

www.spokaneriverfrontpark.com

Collie

Coeur d'Alene
reviews: 1
2. Re: Week long visit w/ small kids

August is a great time to be visiting Coeur d'Alene! For your spouse and kids, there are plenty of things for them to enjoy!

ROW Adventures & Kayak CDA: Offer paddleboards, kayaks, canoes, etc. for enjoying on the water all day.

Silverwood Theme & Waterpark: great way to spend the day especially for kids.

McEuen Park: located beside the Resort is our newest park complete with splash pads, playground equipment and picnic areas.

Hope that helps! Check out www.coeurdalene.org for more activities!

Idaho
3. Re: Week long visit w/ small kids
Idaho Division of Tourism What's this?

This may tickle your little ones fancy: www.coeurdalene.org/mm/about_trail.html From the resort, it's an easy walk to a museum and a park and they wll be about a block from downtown. If they have a car, they can drive to Silverwood Theme Park which has a pretty awesome water park. And an ice show. And rides, rides, rides.

You can take a cruise of the lake right from the hotel. Or rent a pontoon boat if you're feeling energetic.

I found some ideas here: www.coeurdalene.org/mm/about_trail.html, and as summer nears, you can look for events on the state tourism website Visitidaho.org

Again, if you have transportation, visit the Cataldo Mission. Great place for a picnic.

Enjoy your visit.

Cathy

Content provided by the Idaho Division of Tourism: visitidaho.org
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
4. Re: Week long visit w/ small kids

What sort of activities interest you?

What sort of activities interest your wife and kids?

There is more then enough to do here, but some background info will get you the best answers.

Regards,

Scott

Seattle
reviews: 140
5. Re: Week long visit w/ small kids

Silverwood Theme Park is great for small kids and teenagers. I've taken my family there the past two years (and we're going again next month), and we've always had a good time. It will be hot in August, so you'll probably spend most of your time at the waterpark.

Spokane, Washington
reviews: 47
6. Re: Week long visit w/ small kids

In addition to everything everyone else has mentioned, just hanging out at the lake will be very fun for your kids. If the weather is not so nice one of the days there is a movie theater at Riverstone that might have something to entertain.

Edited: 10:00 pm, July 06, 2014
Spokane, Washington
reviews: 47
7. Re: Week long visit w/ small kids

To add to Colliegirl's answer some time in SPokane might be fun. Riverfront Park has many activities for kids including a flexible flier slide and carousel rides. Manito Park is beautiful and has kids swings and other fun things to run around

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
reviews: 37
8. Re: Week long visit w/ small kids

First of all, Coeur d'Alene is family friendly with lots of things to do. There is a park on both sides of the CDA Resort and a beach. A boat cruise might be fun or a short hike on Tubbs Hill, although that may be a challenge with the little ones. Just a few miles north on Hwy 95 is a water park at the Holiday Inn in Hayden. Take a walk downtown, the kids will like the toy store. Riverstone area has a nice movie theater and Hayden has a nice discount theater. Drive down CDA Lakeshore Drive and walk up to Higgens Point. You might see eagles or osprey. Several of the parks have free concerts with excellent music. City Park concerts are on Sunday afternoon and Hayden concerts are on Thursday evening. Get a local newspaper when you get here and check out the calendar of events or check it online at the CDA Press. Have fun!

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Spokane, Chelan
9. Re: Week long visit w/ small kids

Hiking with a 1 and 4 year old might not be a good idea especially in august, I'd do things that don't require to much hiking or walking. Although Silverwood is awesome a 1 year old may not be so thrilled, the crowds will be horrendous and the rides can definitely share small children.

Take another look at www.spokaneriverfrontpark.com, there's a little train, a carousel and a big red wagon for them to slide down. They can feed the goat, have a picnic in the park and if you think they're up to it ride the skyride across the river.

Collie

Edited: 1:29 pm, July 30, 2014
Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Spokane, Chelan
10. Re: Week long visit w/ small kids

Sorry, that's scare small children not share them, lol.

Collie

Reply to: Week long visit w/ small kids
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted