We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RV Campground on the lake

In cooperation with: Idaho Division of Tourism
Which Coeur d'Alene hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Renton, Washington
reviews: 15
RV Campground on the lake

I'm planning a family reunion vacation for summer 2014 and would like to have it on Coeur d'Alene. We are a family that loves to waterski, fish and play in the water. Can anyone recommend a campground that is nice, has nice RV sites as well as tent & rental cabins that is on or very close to the water? We're not set on being on Lake Coeur d'Alene. Maybe there is another lake that is in the area of northern Idaho? I've heard of Hayden Lake and Spirit Lake?? Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
RC CA
1. Re: RV Campground on the lake

We have stayed at Blackwell Island RV Resort in Coeur d'Alene twice in the past few years. It is fairly nice and does have some nice water views They provide nice chairs right along the waterway where you can also rent boats. I think it would be a very good option for a reunion although I'm not sure about additional housing. It is very convenient to the city areas. Some posters have commented on the unfriendly staff in the office, but we found just the opposite.

Hayden Lake, ID
reviews: 5
2. Re: RV Campground on the lake

Priest Lake would be a great choice. Hill 's or Elkin's are privately owned and Idaho Parks has a couple of nice campgrounds.

Spokane, Washington
reviews: 47
3. Re: RV Campground on the lake

There are lots of lakes in the area. The biggest are Lake Couer D'Alene, Pend Oreille (pronounced Pond Oray) and Priest Lake. Now is definitely the time to make reservations for next summer.

Idaho
4. Re: RV Campground on the lake
Idaho Division of Tourism What's this?

Hi LPerry44,

You have already got some good replies, but if you're still searching, you can order an Idaho RV and campground guide on Visitidaho.org then come back to TripAdvisor for input on different locales.

I'll second the Priest Lake recommendation. The setting is spectacular. But the others are excellent too. Priest Lake is, as they say, "The Lake Without a Town." Coeur d'Alene is charming if yould like to be closer to shopping. You really can't go wrong with any of the lakes. Try them all!

Content provided by the Idaho Division of Tourism: visitidaho.org
Reply to: RV Campground on the lake
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted