We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay/what to do in Tybee late Sept

Which Tybee Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Where to stay/what to do in Tybee late Sept

My husband and I are planning a trip with our dogs this year, late Sept/early Oct. It will be our 1-year anniversary. We are wondering about weather, what to do, and where to stay for our trip, as we have never been there before. We are on a budget but want to have a fun, relaxing time.We like to walk and see the sights, as well as explore local shops and restaurants. I mainly like the beach, but he likes to do more than just sit on the beach (and he's sort of a history buff, too).

Thanks!

NZ
reviews: 60
1. Re: Where to stay/what to do in Tybee late Sept

We stayed at Little Fish Cottage, one of the Mermaid Cottages properties and it was perfect. Check out their website if you haven't already for their lovely cottages. It was my favourite place to stay ever - homey and very cute but in a quiet location. Fort Pulaski is well worth a visit, as is the lighthouse and Savannah is an easy 20 minute drive away. We were there last July and the beach was beautiful - soft, clean white sand and water so warm you could have been sitting in a bath! If we didn't live across the other side of the world we'd be there again right now.

PA
reviews: 15
2. Re: Where to stay/what to do in Tybee late Sept

We have been to Tybee for many years. Have stayed on the north side and south side and we prefer south as you can walk to everything and parking is a pia and it can cost you a lot. North is quiet and the south has a lot of bars. There is a lot of history in Tybee and I think your husband would enjoy the trip. The lighthouse is very historical and about 178 steps to the top. Fort Pulaski is a wonderful and of course Savannah is about 20 miles for a day trip. Tybee is beautiful and I am sure you will enjoy the trip. The weather is September/October should be very comfortable. We spent Thanksgiving there a few years ago and it was in the 80s.

Boston
reviews: 24
3. Re: Where to stay/what to do in Tybee late Sept

Not to spoil your trip but be aware that Tybee has a very strict policy about not allowing dogs on the beach. You will be fined heavily I believe if they are spotted. We always rent a little cottage but have stayed at a couple of the motels also so it can be pretty affordable. But as soon as you mentioned your dogs, I thought I should let you know that they won't be appreciated much on the island.

4. Re: Where to stay/what to do in Tybee late Sept

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 09, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Tybee Island