We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pirate Fest

Which Tybee Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indy
Pirate Fest

My fiancé and I are looking into visiting Tybee Island for our honeymoon in October. Part of the time we had planned to stay in Tybee (or Hilton Head, or??) is during the Pirate Fest. After looking at picture galleries of past Pirate Fests....it looks like a loud, rough, party for people who love to have fun and dress up. Which might be fun, except we are looking for something more laid back and peaceful for a honeymoon. Does anyone know how pervasive the Pirate party gets? Is the whole island full of loud pirates? (lol!) Not to sound like a prude, but I also don't want to see a bunch of pirate lady costumes with revealing tops.

If we rent a cottage (on possibly the South end) would we feel separate from all the festivities?

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
reviews: 5
1. Re: Pirate Fest

Most of the partying will be at the south end near the pier. Look at the rental location on google maps and see how close to the pier you will be. I have not been to pirate fest before but Tybee does keep things in order with any event they have with the exception of Orange Crush which is not an official event. There was something in the Savannah paper the other day about changes in who is putting on PF this year. Google Savannahnow or wtoc tv for more info.

Indy
2. Re: Pirate Fest

Thank you so much for the info! It helps a lot! :) I even looked up the articles.

Boston
reviews: 25
3. Re: Pirate Fest

We've been there 2-3 times during Pirate Fest and I think that unless you were staying near the Pier/Pavilion, you 'd be fine. I wouldn't ever call this a rough party as its very family oriented. There are alwasy those who get carried away in the bars late at night but it's mostly a bunch of families walking around in pirate clothes. Just don't stay near the Pavilion which would include quite a few condo units.

PA
reviews: 3
4. Re: Pirate Fest

We love Tybee and have been there for the Pirate Fest. We were at 1 18th street house and we did not have any issues with any of the partiers. It was a lot of fun to see all the sights.The only problem would be the parade, but we were all settled in our house and just enjoyed the sights. I wouldn't be hesitant at all of staying during Pirate Fest. Now, springbreak would be a diffferent question. Go for it Tybee Island is a wonderful place.

5. Re: Pirate Fest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 09, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Tybee Island