We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 questions, live music, & sailing

Which Tybee Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Kansas
reviews: 21
2 questions, live music, & sailing

I'll be heading to the Island in a couple of weeks. I am curious if there is a sailboat excursion. I've seen the fishing charters, the dolphin watching....I'd like to just go spend a few hours on a sailboat, any ideas?

Also am a big fan of finding live music in the evenings any suggestions of "the place to be"?

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
reviews: 5
1. Re: 2 questions, live music, & sailing

I don't know of any sailboat charters. For the live music you can try Fannies which is located by the pier. Also there is a place on Butler a few block from the pier that has live music. Tybee is small so you should not have any problems finding places around the island.

Boston
reviews: 24
2. Re: 2 questions, live music, & sailing

Nope, no sailing excursions. We have tried numerous times and it just does not exist. Wish it did. Just not the right access to open ocean to make a sail trip worthwhile. For music, you may want to consider driving into the the Historic District in Savannah. We are always sailing and music (baby boomer) lovers and occasionally find a small band playing at one of the bars in the HD, not much luck on Tybee unless its a holiday weekend.

Ottawa, Kansas
reviews: 21
3. Re: 2 questions, live music, & sailing

Thanks for the info...it will be holiday week so I'll keep my fingers crossed on the music part anyway. Any suggestions for day trips other than Savannah, like to other islands? Jeckyl? I'm not familiar what there is to do, or if it would be worth it?

Boston
reviews: 24
4. Re: 2 questions, live music, & sailing

We've been to Amalie Island (sp?) which was fine as was Jeckyl. I don't know what to say, I think they all deserve more than a drive and look-see. There are many islands and they are all basically alike IMHO- low key, low elevation, pelicans, laid back, except for Hilton Head (not sure that's an island) which we didn't care for at all- too crowded and snooty. You might look into a day trip by ferry to Danuski Island but we haven't been there yet either. We did go to Shellman Bluff between Savannah and Jacksonville once and that was cook- very low key, no tourists, found a great little pier side restaurant called Hunters Cafe I think.

5. Re: 2 questions, live music, & sailing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Tybee Island