We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable drinks and eats on Tybee Island,Ga

Which Tybee Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati
Affordable drinks and eats on Tybee Island,Ga

My wife and I are looking for (dive) bars where we can hang with the locals...Also,any ideas on decent restaurants? We will be in Tybee in June of 2013...Thanks KV

Boston
reviews: 25
1. Re: Affordable drinks and eats on Tybee Island,Ga

Just show up and it will be obvious as you drive down Butler Ave (Rt 80) and come to a V intersection where you will see lots of small buildings. At that specific spot, you will find several spots like you describe, Park, pay your parking fees (don't forget that or you'll be fined!) and stroll to the left towards the beach and you'll find a couple more spots on Tybrisa Ave and paralleling the beach.

Tybee Island GA
reviews: 8
2. Re: Affordable drinks and eats on Tybee Island,Ga

Hi, How fun!! You, of course, HAVE to go to Doc's Bar on the strand. Local Bar scene with music. Time flies there. This is on Tybrisa at the Pier. Stingray's also has a local crowd sitting at the bar on weeknights especially. Have a great time. Lauren My Beach House

Tybee Island GA
3. Re: Affordable drinks and eats on Tybee Island,Ga

Hi again,

Oh, the "eats". Try Quarter Bar for best price and oysters and has the BEST hamburgers on the island.

You have to be over 21 to enter here. Located on the right after the Post Office. Hope this helps. Lauren

Spanky's has reasonable chicken fingers - best in world they say - It is on the strand by the Pier.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 13
4. Re: Affordable drinks and eats on Tybee Island,Ga

Huc-a-poo's, or Red's for good dive bars.

Tybee Island GA
5. Re: Affordable drinks and eats on Tybee Island,Ga

Red's? Where is that?

Cincinnati
6. Re: Affordable drinks and eats on Tybee Island,Ga

Red's?

Tybee Island GA
7. Re: Affordable drinks and eats on Tybee Island,Ga

Maybe they meant Doc's Bar on Tybrisa close to the Pier?

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 13
8. Re: Affordable drinks and eats on Tybee Island,Ga

Doh - meant Doc's, yes. Red's is over in Grayton. My bad!

Was just there this weekend. Some reactions:

Stingrays - Seafood, outdoor patio, sometimes live music.

Wind Rose - Oddly enough, kind of a metalhead bar at night?

DOC's - good ole dive.

The Social - more upscale, hip, also have pretty good food, slight mexican twist to it.

Bernie's - A little divey, but good. Also have raw oysters, which is always a plus.

Tybee Island GA
9. Re: Affordable drinks and eats on Tybee Island,Ga

Yes, Doc's is where locals hang out at all hours of the day.

Stingray's has good fried shrimp. Go on Friday's if you can. That is when the shrimp boats deliver in season.

Social Club has great cocktails made from all fresh ingredients.

Bernie's for oysters and a bloody mary in a mason jar with pickled okra!. Bryan makes the best!

Wind Rose has lunch with home cooking and vegetables. (Sunday morning service held there, too)

Nashville, Tennessee
10. Re: Affordable drinks and eats on Tybee Island,Ga

you have to go to huck a poos at the north end of the island. go your first day because you will want to go back every day. !!!!!!!!!!!!!. there are several oth dive type bars. we'll be there for april 13 th through apris 22 ed==any questions call me==jerry==615 504 6430. you'll love it.