We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how's the weather?

Which Tybee Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Plattsmouth...
reviews: 23
how's the weather?

I am coming to Tybee Island tomorrow with my parents and my sisters (all adults). I am so excited!

Are all restaurants open? Or do some close for fall\winter?

Where should we eat our first meal?

And most importantly, how is the weather right now?

This will be my sisters and my first visit.

Thanks for your help

11. Re: how's the weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:34 pm, October 17, 2012
Edited: 5:34 pm, October 17, 2012
Plattsmouth...
12. Re: how's the weather?

Ronny, I hope you have a great trip and great weather. My parents drove there from Omaha and are currently staying in Savannah. They stayed overnight in Paducah, Ky to break up the drive and are staying there again on te way back.

Don't miss the Crab Shack. I can't say enough about the atmosphere there.

My sister said the crab stew was one of the best soups she's ever had if you like soup.

Have a great time and I hope your wife's birthday is amazing.

P.S. my mom is originally from Brookfield, MO which isn't too far from you.

Plattsmouth...
13. Re: how's the weather?

Sorry, I meant to say the crab stew was at AJ's not at the crab shack.

We also ate at Marlin Monroes. The seating and views of the ocean outside were wonderful but the food was pretty average. I would definitely recommend having some drinks there if the weather is nice.

Macon, Missouri...
14. Re: how's the weather?

Heather, yea we will definately check out the Crab Shack, sounds like my kind of place.Small world, We have been to many football games in Brookfield over the years with our boys.

I think we are going to stay in Chattanooga on the way down, we like that town.

Glad you had a great trip, hope ours is as good!!

Plattsmouth...
15. Re: how's the weather?

I hope yours is too. Drive safely.

Clearwater
reviews: 53
16. Re: how's the weather?

Thanks for all the detail Heather, lots of people will benefit from your taking the time. Glad you enjoyed your visit!

Plattsmouth...
17. Re: how's the weather?

Apparently my sims card fell out of my phone when I dropped it and apparently that was what my dog was crunching on the other night since I found a piece of it on the floor. I lost all my photos and videos from the trip. So I told my mom we will have to go back. I hope we can stay longer next time.

Thanks for all your help Brian

Tybee Island GA
reviews: 8
18. Re: how's the weather?

Tybee would love to have you back. So glad you liked our little island paradise.

Crab stew is great at AJs. I agree. I like their specials, too and their oysters Rockefeller are amazing.

Did you try North Beach Grill? It's another one of my favorites. Grilled pound cake, Thai tuna salad, asparagus and crab. It's at the north end by Lighthouse. No affiliation, just love it.

And. Latest news is that Sundae Cafe is opening a sports bar with food at former Outback cafe. I'm sure food there will be as exceptional as it is at their restaurant Sundae Cafe. They are not open on Sundays though. FYI.

Tybee Island GA
reviews: 8
19. Re: how's the weather?

Happy 50th anniversary. You might be my people? Hope so. Lauren

Www.mbhot.com.

Have a great time on Tybee.

Plattsmouth...
20. Re: how's the weather?

Thanks for the updates Lauren. However, I don't understand your question "you might be my people?". What do you mean? We were there two months ago.

Get answers to your questions about Tybee Island