We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girl's (ok,ok, middle aged ladies) weekend-recommendations?

Which Tybee Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Athens, Georgia
reviews: 1
Girl's (ok,ok, middle aged ladies) weekend-recommendations?

Eight great lifelong friends are all meeting in Tybee the second week in September. Can anyone recommend a local watering hole or two that has live entertainment (a guitar picker is fine, maybe skareoke, haha) or at least a good juke box? Nothing touristy, we would much prefer hanging with the locals, and it certainly doesn't have to be fancy, just friendly. Also, we are going to Savannah one night and are wondering if there is any sort of shuttle service that we can take to get back to the island at night? Would it require a taxi? And one last thing, we've rented a condo mid-island, but will probably want to eat out once or twice. Any restaurant ideas? We already know about the Breakfast Club for breakfast :) Also, any other advice would be greatly appreciated!

Clearwater
reviews: 53
1. Re: Girl's (ok,ok, middle aged ladies) weekend-recommendations?

Our favorite restaurant on the island is A.J.s on the back river, Sept. is a nice time to sit outside and eat dinner, they have live music too.

Bar wise, if you go to 16th St, aka Tybrisa, there are Doc's, the Windrose, Benny's, just wander a little and poke your head in and find one you like. Be sure to check out Tybee Social club, near Sting Rays on Butler but in my opinion, skip Sting Rays.

Also popular is Huc a poos, at the other end of the island, I have never been but people say it is a fun place.

Athens, Georgia
reviews: 1
2. Re: Girl's (ok,ok, middle aged ladies) weekend-recommendations?

Thanks!

Kennesaw, GA
reviews: 12
3. Re: Girl's (ok,ok, middle aged ladies) weekend-recommendations?

Benny's is my favorite place to hang out on Tybee. Definately not tourist oriented and far from fancy, but friendly.

Washington DC
reviews: 8
4. Re: Girl's (ok,ok, middle aged ladies) weekend-recommendations?

We had fun at the Tybee Social Club - they have a website with music events.

Boston
reviews: 25
5. Re: Girl's (ok,ok, middle aged ladies) weekend-recommendations?

I also would recommend the Social Club. I went there a couple of times in January on my own (MAL myself) and the demographics are all us! You might like AJ's on the marsh side of the island or Marlin Monroes on Butler Ave (the main drag). Otherwise, on Tybrisa, the tiny street off Butler with all the bars, you have your choice of places where the locals hang out.

Tybee Island...
reviews: 27
6. Re: Girl's (ok,ok, middle aged ladies) weekend-recommendations?

You'll want to eat at North Beach Bar & Grill by the lighthouse (the north end of Tybee) - great food and live music on weekends. We also like Huck-a-poo's for the pizza, beer and music. Both are spots where you'll find us locals!

Mississippi
reviews: 9
7. Re: Girl's (ok,ok, middle aged ladies) weekend-recommendations?

I second AJ's. Enjoy your visit.

AJ's Dockside Restaurant @ 1315 Chatham Ave., Tybee Island, GA. 912 - 786 - 9533.

http://ajsdocksidetybee.com/

8. Re: Girl's (ok,ok, middle aged ladies) weekend-recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Tybee Island