We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report - wish we could stay longer.

Which Tybee Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NZ
reviews: 58
Trip report - wish we could stay longer.

Just back in New Zealand and I have to say I am really missing my little beach cottage (Little Fish, Mermaid Cottages) and so wish I was back sipping a large glass of iced tea on my covered porch! We loved our time on Tybee (husband, myself and 3 children aged 15, 12 and 8). The water was warm, the beach beautiful, all in all it was just perfect. Really enjoyed Fort Pulaski (unfortunately when we went to climb up the lighthouse there was a lightening storm and it was closed) and our visit to the Crab Shack. Had a day in Savannah (beautiful city). If we weren't so far away, we'd be back in a heartbeat.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 284
1. Re: Trip report - wish we could stay longer.

So glad you had a wonderful time and wish you lived closer so that you could come back and visit more often. Thanks for the trip report!!

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 2
2. Re: Trip report - wish we could stay longer.

I must say I've never heard of Tybee Island so I am on a mission now......to research & find out about this place :)

Thanks for sharing your trip with us tropical sunday.....you will have to begin planning the next one now ;)

AJ

NZ
3. Re: Trip report - wish we could stay longer.

We didn't find it so much a "redneck riviera" like people have scoffed about but more just a great, laid back, casual beach retreat which is how our family likes to spend our relaxing time. I'm sure most people who like a holiday like that would enjoy it - and Savannah is a beautiful place to visit, only about 20-25 minutes away. Our cottage was the most adorable thing ever.

NZ
4. Re: Trip report - wish we could stay longer.

peachbelle, we also wish we lived closer. Would come back every year if we did :)

Nashville, Tennessee
reviews: 155
5. Re: Trip report - wish we could stay longer.

Redneck Riviera is the US northern coast in the Gulf of Mexico. Mississippi, Alabama and Florida. But here you will find the whitest sand and the clearest water in the continental US.

6. Re: Trip report - wish we could stay longer.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 01, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Tybee Island