We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pirate Fest weekend

Which Tybee Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Plattsmouth...
reviews: 23
Pirate Fest weekend

Hi we will be renting a house on Tybee for my parents' 50th anniversary. The weekend that my Mom wants to go is during the Pirate Festival. Are there huge crowds during that weekend or is it just a celebration among local people? Is it a big, loud drunken party?(I'm not judging-just trying to plan the best for my parents). My parents have been to Tybee once but I have not. I'm just concerned mainly with how hard it will be to drive around the island. My Dad has MS and can't walk far so they will be depending on a car to get around.

Thanks so much for your help!

Clearwater
reviews: 53
1. Re: Pirate Fest weekend

The crowds are fairly family friendly but the driving is an issue. Some roads around the pier are shut down for the weekend and there is a parade which shuts down the main drag for several hours.

It is a fun festival and there is lots to see if your dad has a chair or scooter, they would probably enjoy it.

Plattsmouth...
reviews: 23
2. Re: Pirate Fest weekend

Great! Thanks for the info Brian! I just shared the info with my Mom and I think she wants to book the next week instead. Our plan is to drop my Dad off near the destinations we will be visiting since he is too stubborn to use a wheelchair or scooter lol.

3. Re: Pirate Fest weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, June 21, 2013