We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deer fly and sand knat seasons

Which Tybee Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
reviews: 25
Deer fly and sand knat seasons

HI all, my daughter is thinking of a 2013 wedding on a beach on Tybee, not sure if it will be on the South or North side but based on a vacation I literally just got back from where we were met by some pretty nasty deer flies on Warsaw Island- is it common to have deer flies on all the beaches in the Spring? Just certain beaches or is it all about the wind direction? How about excessive sand knats? I would love to suggest good times of year for her to plan this ceremony on the beach where we won't be distracted by biting bugs. Thanks for your suggestions

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 256
1. Re: Deer fly and sand knat seasons

Usually worse in late spring and sometimes in August from my experience.

Boston
reviews: 25
2. Re: Deer fly and sand knat seasons

OK, thanks, I'll keep this in mind

3. Re: Deer fly and sand knat seasons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, June 22, 2013