We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay

Which Tybee Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Greeley, Colorado
where to stay

I am trying to decide between 2 condos. One is on Center st. and Butler. the other is on 15th and Strand. Is the one on Center still close to the shops and restaurants??

What is the weather like in October. Around the 11th?

Thank You

Boston
reviews: 25
1. Re: where to stay

I don't know where Center St or Strand is- I should after many trips now but... I would suggest looking at an on-line map. There aren't that many streets really. Look at see how close they are to Tybrisa or see if there is a picture of the Pavilion in the map and you will see how close you are. Butler is the main drag and 15th is pretty close to the shops and eatieries but I don't know how far down Strand is.

October, in my experience can be iffie. We went once (to finally see the famous Pirate Fest) and it rained about 6" over the weekend. Not so great. Othertimes its been warmer and drier. I would look at an overall weather average type table but I believe that it tends to be on the slightly wetter side. Don't let that stop you- its a great, fun, and funky island!

Alpena, Michigan
reviews: 78
2. Re: where to stay

Would the condo on 15th and Strand be considered Tybrisa Resort? If so, you'll love it there.

Center St and Butler looks like it's down between 4th and 6th Street across from City Hall. If not mistaken, Tybee is only about 2 miles long so anywhere is near shopping and restaurants. The condo you mentioned by Tybrisa would be the closest to the shops in that area in my opinion...as that is the south end of the island. I'm sure many others can give you more difinitive answers but I'm only saying from our knowledge when we are there during the summer.

Clearwater
reviews: 53
3. Re: where to stay

The 15th and strand unit is right at all the activity, which can be a blessing or a curse, depending on what you like.

October is very nice weather as a rule and it is usually quiet, especially during the week, since vacation time is over.

It is maybe a 15 minute walk, on the beach or down Butler, from the Center street place to the pier and the shops, restaurants etc.

Boston
reviews: 25
4. Re: where to stay

OK, so if that's where one of the units is, then if you are there for the Pirate Fest, be prepared for quite a bit of noise. We have friends who stayed in that area last year and said that they didn't get much sleep that weekend due to the partying.

5. Re: where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:41 am, June 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Tybee Island