We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walk to beach?

Which Tybee Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cary, North Carolina
walk to beach?

We're looking at a rental that is located on Lovell Ave (near 15th St). Looking at the satellite map, the walk to the beach does not look appealing. US 80 (Butler Street) is 4 lane...may be difficult to cross in June .

I guess I'm looking for validation that yes this is not a feasable walk to the beach ( with a 12 and 10 yr old) or its really not as bad as it looks.....

I would like to stay at the property on Lovell because it is a house...has a pool, etc but I'm worried proximity to beach. Our other options place us on the beach side of US 80 but we'd be in a condo.....

Thnaks for any advice, Amy

Alpena, Michigan
reviews: 78
1. Re: walk to beach?

Hi...we stay at Tybrisa Resort each year on 15th Street at the ocean. Having been there many times there is a traffic light at 14th and Butler Street where people usually cross. From there it is a straight 1 block walk down to the ocean. We are normally there in August when it is still quite busy and don't have many issues crossing at 15th street if we need to cross Butler, but it is easier and safer at the light. Hope that helps a little bit.

Clearwater
reviews: 53
2. Re: walk to beach?

Every block has brick crosswalks with signs indicating that cars must stop for pedestrians. You still have to be careful but the speed limit is 30 and most people go 20 or so because there is so much going on.

I would not worry about crossing Butler.

Janesville...
reviews: 6
3. Re: walk to beach?

We will be staying in a vacation rental on Lovell and near 15th Ave for a week starting this Saturday (April 14). Not sure when you are planning on going but we will give some feedback as to getting to the beach and anything else we can help with. This is our first trip to Tybee so all new to us too

Kennesaw, Georgia
reviews: 1
4. Re: walk to beach?

You will have a very convenient and quick walk to the beach from Lovell and 15th. No worries. Enjoy your vacation!

Edited: 2:13 pm, April 13, 2012
Boston
reviews: 24
5. Re: walk to beach?

Oh goodness, don't worry about the walk to the beach or the street crossing. Butler/Rt 80 in that area is just a wide street with lots of crosswalks. You will be surprised when you're there how little there is traffic wise to worry about. Go for it!

6. Re: walk to beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, June 19, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Tybee Island