We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding help!

Which Tybee Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salem, Oregon...
wedding help!

I'm getting married on Tybee Island on June 22 of this year, and I'm planning the wedding long distance without a coordinator so I need some advice. We are planning to have our ceremony on the beach. What is the best part of the beach to get married on that time of year? I've read that people tend to stay close to the pier, so I'm planning to avoid that area. I've also read that the north end of the beach is the least crowded because of the riptides, but that it's farthest from parking. We are having about 75 guests and we are going to need to do all the set up (chairs, arch, aisle runner, etc) and take down ourselves, so we don't want to be miles away from the parking lot.

Is the north beach a good area? About how much available parking is there normally? About how far away is the parking? Would it be fairly easy to map out for out-of-town guests? Is there another area I should be looking at? Any other suggestions would be welcomed with open arms...we are on such a tight budget that we are having to do everything ourselves and that's really hard when you're planning a wedding from the other side of the country!

Salem, Oregon...
11. Re: wedding help!

Karrie, unfortunately Tripadvisor is not letting me respond to your private message. But you can email me directly at sisterdark@gmail.com :-)

Boston
reviews: 25
12. Re: wedding help!

Will do, thanks

Blue Ridge, Georgia
reviews: 3
13. Re: wedding help!

I am just reading these messages and sent you an email. Is it still the same? sisterdark@gmail.com?

14. Re: wedding help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 26, 2014