We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone used Mermaid Cottage Rentals?

Which Tybee Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rome, GA
reviews: 16
Has anyone used Mermaid Cottage Rentals?

We are looking at renting a little cottage in March. We want to stay away from condos. Has anyone used this company? The cottages look super cute!

24 replies to this topic
Boston
reviews: 25
11. Re: Has anyone used Mermaid Cottage Rentals?

Overall, once you find a cottage you like, see if it's been reviewed, that will tell you what you need to know. There are several decent companies on the island. Do keep in mind that many properties seem to always be for sale so it would be a good idea to find that out to avoid having people wanting to see the house while you're there. We rent Palm Cottage (I forget the rental company) and it is exactly as adverstised. We LOVE Tybee!

Las Vegas, Nevada
reviews: 21
12. Re: Has anyone used Mermaid Cottage Rentals?

We did Thanksgiving there. The company is terrific and everything they promised was delivered. The cottages are terrific. We were at tybee tides and loved it!

MMinnesota
13. Re: Has anyone used Mermaid Cottage Rentals?

We've stayed with Mermaid several times. The homes are nice and tidy. The bookers are helpful and the owner has been responsive to needs. Lovely little places to stay, but generally not on the water, so if that's important, double check how close you are to the ocean.

MMinnesota
14. Re: Has anyone used Mermaid Cottage Rentals?

The cottages are very nice. We've stayed near the Back River area twice with Mermaid. None I've seen are close to the ocean, but if that's not important, I'd certainly stay with them again.

MMinnesota
15. Re: Has anyone used Mermaid Cottage Rentals?

We've stayed with Mermaid several times. The homes are nice and tidy. The bookers are helpful and the owner has been responsive to needs. Lovely little places to stay, but generally not on the water, so if that's important, double check how close you are to the ocean.

St. Petersburg...
reviews: 111
16. Re: Has anyone used Mermaid Cottage Rentals?

We stayed in one of their cottages and found what was decsribed on their site; VRBO's site was not what we got when we arrived. 2-person Hammock, a big draw for us; was not there, the electric fireplace; it was in the 40's when we stayed in March 2013, that was not there. No blinds on the windows that faced the street and the enclosed patio was dirty. No phones, although phones were shown, so make sure your cell phones are charged up. No gas grill as shown in their pictures; the property manager had one brought from her home. They did not clean the property the day we arrived, I wrote my name in the dirt on the table we were to eat at in the enclosed patio. On day 3, they brought us a 1 person hammock; we were there for a wedding so it was a little too late to us to use, but people renting now will have blinds on the windows, a hammock; not sure of the grill since it was a personal one. They offered us bikes as an "I'm sorry"; however we walked everywhere and didn't want them. After returning home, looking up the property; we found that the verbiage was changed, a few pictures removed. I posted my review (as stated above) and they removed it! Check out properties on VRBO for this cottage; all reviews are "entered by owner". Now I know why..... they are manipulating the reviews.

St. Petersburg...
reviews: 111
17. Re: Has anyone used Mermaid Cottage Rentals?

We stayed there in March for 4 nights, I would never rent from Mermaid Cottages. In our years of travel throughout the US and abroad; we have never been dissapointed as we get what we see. Not with our cottage on Tybee. 2-person hammoc, not there, gas grill depicted in photo's; not there, electric fireplace; not there. No blinds on the windows facing the neighborhood street; the brackets were there but no privacy. No phones. Although the management company did bring us a gas grill from their home, put blinds up; we were brought a 1-person hammock on day 3 at noon.... we had to attend a wedding that day. Overall, they tried to make it right; what was so wrong; they took my truthful review down after less thatn 24 hours. On VRBO site; it's also shown there and states a den; which isn't there. Also on VRBO - all the reviews are written in by owner. I'll never use this rental agency again!

louisville, ky
reviews: 15
18. Re: Has anyone used Mermaid Cottage Rentals?

We haven't stayed in our rental yet but I have had a little experience with customer service. We rented a large home (4 bedrooms for 9 people). When we rented the home a few months ago, it was in the hands of another rental agency. A short time after we rented, we received a phone call from them explaining they were now handling the property and copy of a new rental agreement. All of the infomation was correct with the exception of the number of beds listed. The original listing said 4 bedrooms with a full bed in the partially finished basement. I phoned them over concern for the lack of bed. The lady I talked to, and I am sorry I can't remember her name, was VERY helpful. She said she wasn't sure how many beds were in the house. She called me back to tell me that she had gone over there and counted them! I was floored that someone would go to the trouble of going over there and counting beds!. She then told me how nice the house was and that you could see the ocean from the front porch. I hope the rest of the service we receive is this good.

NZ
reviews: 56
19. Re: Has anyone used Mermaid Cottage Rentals?

They were fantastic to deal with, right from the beginning and very accommodating. We stayed at Little Fish Cottage a year ago and it was super cute - even better than the photo's, very clean, everything you could need and more and in a quiet but convenient location. We stayed there with two adults and three children - 2 teenagers and we all agree it was one of our favourite places we've ever stayed.

Edited: 4:46 pm, July 04, 2013
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
reviews: 4
20. Re: Has anyone used Mermaid Cottage Rentals?

We stayed for 6 days last summer as I didn't want a hotel or condo feel. I'm just in love with their cottages and the beautiful touches.Mermaid was so friendly and helpful. I can't wait to go back and would definitely stay with them again. So many choices though! We stayed in SeaGlass cottage that was perfect for 2 adults and 4 teens. Constantly telling my friends and trying to plan a girls trip"

Reply to: Has anyone used Mermaid Cottage Rentals?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tybee Island