We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions.....

Which Tybee Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chillicothe, Ohio
reviews: 1
Questions.....

We are looking to visit Tybee Island in May or June of 2012. We generally like peace and quiet and usually frequent Ocracoke Island. I've heard great things about Tybee but it's been from friends that don't really need relaxation as a requirement : ) Is Tybee Island touristy/gimmicky? We like to have great dinners and a few drinks but mostly keep to ourselves.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
reviews: 7
1. Re: Questions.....

Tybee is a small island that is not touristy. It is laid back. You have the beach and some nice resturants. The closet puttputt is 5 miles off the island. If you want to relax on the beach it is your place.

Clearwater
reviews: 53
2. Re: Questions.....

There are definitely touristy things here but nothing like Virginia beach or Destin FL or places like that. The farther you get in to June the more crowded it will be, but still, not insane and annoying by any means. It is more quiet at the north end of the island, both at the beaches and in the restaurants.

Boston
reviews: 24
3. Re: Questions.....

I think you'll like Tybee. I would ask for opinions from other TA'ers once you pick a place to stay to make sure that its not a condo complex that attracts louder groups (since you mentioned quiet)

4. Re: Questions.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:40 am, June 23, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Tybee Island