We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip from Savannah

Which Tybee Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Evansville, Indiana
reviews: 11
Day trip from Savannah

My fiance and I are spending a long weekend in Savannah this coming Saturday -Tues. I had planned on heading to Bonaventure Cemetery and Tybee Island on Sunday. We will have our dogs with us. Any advice on what we should see on a limited time frame? I plan on making it to Tybee for lunch and checking out the beach and light house.

Boston
reviews: 25
1. Re: Day trip from Savannah

You will find enough to do in one short day roaming around the cemetary and Tybee, checking out the thing you have already mentioned.

BUT BUT BUT- check to find out if your dogs are allowed on the beach or in the cemetary. I don't think they are. I think the beach has a strict set of rules regarding dogs but hopefully someone else here will chime in. I would check previous posts about dogs to make sure.

Clearwater
reviews: 53
2. Re: Day trip from Savannah

Currently no dogs are allowed on the beach, period. This seems to be something they really watch so I would recommend against trying it.

Ft Pulaski is a great spot to see a lot of history and explore. I am not sure if dogs are allowed there or not. It is right on the way to Tybee, if you have time.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
reviews: 5
3. Re: Day trip from Savannah

THey will give you a LARGE fine for having dogs on the beach. It is up to $300.00 the best I remember. I which they would consider changing the rules but they wont.

John

Evansville, Indiana
reviews: 11
4. Re: Day trip from Savannah

Thanks! I'm thinking we will go to Bonaventure with our dogs in the morning because I've read they are allowed there and then get some lunch back in Savannah and drop the dogs back at the hotel and head out to Tybee in time to do a little exploring before dinner. I'll have to make some reservations I guess! thanks for the info on the dogs not being allowed, that would've sucked to have to leave them cooped up in the car. I can't believe dogs aren't allowed on a beach, that's so weird!

Mississippi
reviews: 9
5. Re: Day trip from Savannah

Savannah has a dog park that fenced if you care to give them some exercise.

http://savannahbest.com/family/dogparkfin.htm

6. Re: Day trip from Savannah

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 28, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Tybee Island