We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grocery shopping

Which Tybee Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn,Mich
grocery shopping

Could anyone tell me where they shop for grocerys near Tybee Island? We will be there for Thanksgiving and really would like to be able to cook a nice dinner for my grandson who is stationed at Ft Steward. Looking for a larger size store maybe Walmart or Mijers type.

Boston
reviews: 25
1. Re: grocery shopping

No problem, on your way out to Tybee, you go by at least one large plaza with a huge supermarket, I just don't recall the name of it.I think there is a Walmart also along Rt 80. Don't worry, you can't miss either, on the the right on the way out to Tybee. Once on Tybee, there is a much smaller IPA supermarket for those emergency items - larger than a 7-11, just not a full size supermarket. I go there for Georgian pecans myself.

Brooklyn,Mich
2. Re: grocery shopping

Thank you for the information.

I love going to new places but sometimes it is hard to find things that still make it feel a little like back home....

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
reviews: 5
3. Re: grocery shopping

On Whitemarsh Island there is a Walmart and a Publix in the same shopping center. The walmart is not a super Walmart so there is not much groceries. It is on highway 80 just west of the bridge flyover. YOu turn in by the Macdonalds. On Wilmington Island there is also a couple of grocery stores on Johnny Mercer. When you are coming from Tybee going west you will pass Fort Pulaski and then cross a long bridge. After you cross the bridge there is a traffic light. take a left here (south) and a couple of miles there will be a krogers on the left and another mile is a publix on the left.

Also on Tybee there is the Tybee Market on Butler at about 11th street. This is the IGA. It is a nice little grocery store which should have everything that you need.

Everywhere
reviews: 33
4. Re: grocery shopping

Also,there is a Piggly Wiggly right on 80 heading into Tybee. Can't be more than 15 minutes if you make the lights. I like the IGA right on Tybee. The prices are a little bit higher (but not THAT much higher) but I am not sure if they will have everything you will need.

5. Re: grocery shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, October 27, 2012