We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paying before we get our contract renting from private owner

Which Tybee Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn,Mich
Paying before we get our contract renting from private owner

We are geting ready to rent a condo on Tybee for Thanksgiving my question is the owner would like a check before I get my contract and I just don't feel good about that what do you have to say?

US
reviews: 70
1. Re: Paying before we get our contract renting from private owner

Are you talking about a $25 check to hold the property or a deposit? I am glad to pay $25 to hold a property; I've done it plenty of times.

But, a deposit without a contract?? I don't think so!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 74
2. Re: Paying before we get our contract renting from private owner

It's probably an innocuous request, but it raises some red flags. Can you pay by credit card? I'd feel better about the situation then. Otherwise, I would not agree to advance payment without a written contract.

Brooklyn,Mich
3. Re: Paying before we get our contract renting from private owner

Everything has been taken care of,will get an invoice first then I will pay with pay pal. All this worry for nothing.

Thanks

US
reviews: 70
4. Re: Paying before we get our contract renting from private owner

You are very smart to be aware so don't beat yourself up. There are some dishonest people out there.

5. Re: Paying before we get our contract renting from private owner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, October 25, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Tybee Island