We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tybee Island north end versus south end

Which Tybee Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chattanooga, TN
Tybee Island north end versus south end

Traveling with families and small children infant to 4 Labor Day weekend. Looking at condos on the north end near the bay and south end near ocean. Any advice or info on differences in these locations? Kids love the beach and we would like some activity and nice water, but not overwhelming holiday weekend crowds. Thanks so much!

Boston
reviews: 25
1. Re: Tybee Island north end versus south end

We've looked at both and actually decided we didnt like the North End condos because of the huge, small children, family focus. We are well past those wonderful years and want something quiet when we go but in your case, this may work out fine. Keep in mind that the North End doesn't appear to be on the ocean, more on the river extension from it from what we could tell. So if you really want to be a few steps from the open ocean beaches, I think you need to focus on the southern end of Tybee. We;ve always rented cottages off Butler Ave, a couple of streets back from the beach so we don't have actual condo rental experience.

Mississippi
reviews: 9
2. Re: Tybee Island north end versus south end

I second Karrieb.........I like the S end. Seems like more restaurants and shops to me. The N end is nice too though but more residential. Good luck.

Exton, Pennsylvania
reviews: 92
3. Re: Tybee Island north end versus south end

I stayed on the south end this year and really liked it. If you come in at the right tide, there are no waves.

Clearwater
reviews: 53
4. Re: Tybee Island north end versus south end

if you want to walk to restaurants, bars shops etc, you need to be on the south end. For less crowded beaches, less people in general and a 5 minute drive or short bike ride to eat or shop, stay on the north end.

5. Re: Tybee Island north end versus south end

Yes but the lighthouse area is also called the north end but it has beautiful beach and plenty of parking. The very very north end is where the savannah river comes into the Atlantic and is the shipping channel. Can be a little muddy because of the abundant aquatic life there. That is where savannah beach and raquet club is. I dont really recommend that place either. The dump is around there too.

Cochran, Georgia
6. Re: Tybee Island north end versus south end

We were looking for an area on Tybee Island that has a beautiful beach experience with maybe some rocks around the scenery. Any suggestions?

I was recommended to go to North Beach and was told there is the beach, lighthouse, jetties, and dunes. I was told it was amazing. Is this correct?

If so, can you please give directions or an address so that we can go out and look the area over? Or close by accommodations?

We are looking at the area for a small, simple beach themed wedding to take place in September of 2013.

Thanks in advance for any help, advice and suggestions!!!

7. Re: Tybee Island north end versus south end

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 pm, March 25, 2013
8. Re: Tybee Island north end versus south end

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 29, 2013