We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Savannah Beach and Racquet Club

Which Tybee Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cookeville...
reviews: 25
Savannah Beach and Racquet Club

This is our first trip to Tybee, and we just made reservations at this place. Does anyone know anythign about it??? Thanks.

Upstate N.Y.
1. Re: Savannah Beach and Racquet Club

I am a single mom from upstate NY. I drove to Tybee from NY with my 3 kids. I had been there 2x by myself. We always rent a condo on the beach. The weather always seems to be perfect. For nightlife Savannah is so close. Tybee is a mellow beach vacation. You will love it

Cookeville...
reviews: 25
2. Re: Savannah Beach and Racquet Club

I just wanted to post more info about the Savannah beach and racquet club now that I am back! Our condo was wonderful. However, I don't think that I will ever stay on Tybee Island again. It really wasn't my kind of place. The beach at our condo was not the "real" beach...no waves. The rest of the island was trashy...big time. There was nothing to do unless you drove back into Savannah. We went on some tours in Savannah and we really enjoyed them.

Savannah, Georgia
reviews: 1
3. Re: Savannah Beach and Racquet Club

You are right about one thing, Tybee isn't 'way up on the list of Great Beaches of The World. I'm glad that you had a good condo. The "beach" there is really a river bank, not an ocean shore. It does make a difference in the waves.

Come back and see Savannah in the Spring. It is really beautiful.

Upstate N.Y.
4. Re: Savannah Beach and Racquet Club

If you live in NY any beach with sun is good. We went back again this year. I guess it depends what you want out of a vacation.

5. Re: Savannah Beach and Racquet Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, November 20, 2008
Upstate N.Y.
6. Re: Savannah Beach and Racquet Club

We usually rent a condo and stay right on the Atlantic. I cannot think of a nicer place. Especially since its supposed to snow here tonight.

Upstate N.Y.
7. Re: Savannah Beach and Racquet Club

also do you rent privately?

8. Re: Savannah Beach and Racquet Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:51 pm, May 30, 2008
Indiana
9. Re: Savannah Beach and Racquet Club

We just returned from Tybee Island and Savannah Beach and Racquet Club. We were not impressed. The condo was furnished with yard sale junk. Electrical outlets exposed. Air Conditioning not adequate. As previous postings indicate, the beach is not the best there. The entire island was trashy looking - literally, trash was flying everywhere. The public restrooms at the beach were a disgrace. The only saving grace was the terrific seafood we ate and the day trips into Savannah and Hilton Head. Lighthouse is also great. Needless to say, we won't be going back. Charleston and the barrier islands near there are much nicer - we love Isle of Palms. Sorry to hurt anyone's feelings but there are much nicer islands/beaches on the Atlantic coast.

pa
reviews: 3
10. Re: Savannah Beach and Racquet Club

we are staying here in a few weeks while we look at some real estate in the area. Can anyone recommend a real estae agent or some good school districts in the area? thanks alot. I have always beleived a vacation is what you make of it so hopefully we will have a good time....

Get answers to your questions about Tybee Island