We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

newbie to tybee island

Which Tybee Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte NC
newbie to tybee island

Hi!! I've been lookking into a 2 week summer vacation for my family this year and would love to come to Tybee Island. We've been to several beaches in NC and SC, but thought we would change it up a little this year. I have looked at TVR for rentals..are there any other rental agencies that ya'll would recommend. We plan on starting our vacation on July 18- Aug 1. Two adults two kids and a dog.

Madison
reviews: 11
1. Re: newbie to tybee island

You may want to phone around, as I am not sure how the new Miley Cyrus movie, will affect rentals at that time of year.

Tybee Island, GA
2. Re: newbie to tybee island

I think you will really enjoy Tybee Island. It is a great island with a wonderful small beach town vibe. Your stay will take place during our busiest season which can be a little crowded, especially on weekends. Consider a vacation rental on the "North End", "Mid-Island" or "Back River" area for an off the beaten track feel.

Tybee Vacation Rentals is a well respected company on the island and I am sure you would be pleased with their service and offerings. For a complete list of rental agencies visit the www.tybeevisit.com, the official tourism website for Tybee.

Disney will be filming a movie titled "The Last Song" this summer beginning in mid-June on Tybee. It will star Miley Cyrus of Hannah Montana and Greg Kinnear. They will only film Monday - Friday so beyond the excitement of having some stars in town it will really just be island life as usual. I would not anticipate rates to be any higher due to the filming. Hope you have a great Tybee vacation!!

3. Re: newbie to tybee island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:40 am, December 06, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Tybee Island