We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recommendation(s)

Which Saint Simons Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 5
Restaurant recommendation(s)

Any suggestions on where to dine for dinner with business clients? We're not looking for suit and tie attire, but not shorts and t-shirts, either. Something impressive, but nothing too over the top. I've never been to St. Simons, so I'm having a hard time choosing...thanks!

Gainesville, Georgia
reviews: 333
11. Re: Restaurant recommendation(s)

we too have become smitten by benny's red barn. and after a very disappointing first encounter i was surprised we ever went back. this last time though we enjoyed a grand meal from salad through desert enjoying the exceptional ambiance of the fireplace and the attentive service. ffood was perfectly prepared, presented well and carefully attneded to by caring knowledgeable servers. stiff drinks from the bar and fresh off the fire food won us over. if you were unimpressed upon an initial vist give em another try, perhaps when they aren't so busy, and get a true taste of what a legendary place this truly can be. i know i am glad we did.

Charleston, South...
reviews: 2
12. Re: Restaurant recommendation(s)

Crabdaddy's hands down. Great food and service.

Gainesville, Georgia
13. Re: Restaurant recommendation(s)

does anyone else still miss eating at THE DECK? what a great menu, and legendary bar back in the day.

Eatonton, Georgia
reviews: 3
14. Re: Restaurant recommendation(s)

I miss the old bar at the King and Prince. It was a great place to have a drink by the fireplace in the wintertime. I'm not too fond of the new lobby there....big and bare and kind of sterile.

Gainesville, Georgia
15. Re: Restaurant recommendation(s)

the entrance has suffered from the newness at the king and prince i agree. but we enjoy the bar there as it is located now with the openness and ocean views. attentive service here also is very much appreciated. the seafood buffet is not to be missed either. first class operation all the way around. but i too like to reminise about he the past. we've been going to the island for 50 years now and treasure each next visit as much as the last.

Eatonton, Georgia
reviews: 3
16. Re: Restaurant recommendation(s)

And speaking of THE DECK, does anyone remember the old FORKS restaurant, in the fork of the road (341, I believe) on the north side of Brunswick? Great heaping piles of lightly battered and fried fresh shrimp! I remember it as a slightly rundown diner/dive, but they knew how to to do shrimp.

Gainesville, Georgia
17. Re: Restaurant recommendation(s)

i do!!!! they had this marvelously sweet while still hot cocktail sauce and the freshest shrimp on the planet. gone but not forgotten. lightly battered and heaven sent. egg whites i'll bet before they became quite so fashionable.

Fordyce, Arkansas
reviews: 160
18. Re: Restaurant recommendation(s)

Enjoyed an outstanding meal at J Macs. Had an awful experience at Chelsea. Badly understaffed resulting in very poor, slow service and mediocre meal.

19. Re: Restaurant recommendation(s)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, September 02, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Saint Simons Island