We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pooler History

Which Pooler hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Laramie, WY
Pooler History

My last name is Pooler and I was wondering about Pooler, GA history. Any in-put would be appreciated.

Savannah, Georgia
reviews: 1
1. Re: Pooler History

I looked it up on Google. Here is a link to a historical item about how it was named.

www.pooler-ga.com/Aboutpooler/history.htm

Gainesville, Georgia
reviews: 352
2. Re: Pooler History

i know there is some mighty famous historic bobbycue in pooler ga at don's bbq. if you go in and can convince them your last name really is pooler i've got a dollar to a hole in a doughnut they will give you a free cup of brunswick stew.

Pooler, GA
3. Re: Pooler History

I run a small newspaper in Pooler, The Spirit, www.thespiritnewspaper.com. Pooler was named after Robert Pooler who worked for the railroad. Pooler was the first stop coming out of Savannah to Atlanta. You need to visit sometime. And yes, Don will give you a free cup of Brunswick stew if you prove your last name is Pooler. And I'll give you a free newspaper!

wash
4. Re: Pooler History

Hi my Name is Pooler. My dad's name is Robert Pooler and He has 5 kids which is me Mary, Carol, Ernest, Lorraine, Susan and Two others we never knew off.

I am looking for more of our family. Here is my email address marypooler1955@hotmail.com.

Any thing would be good.

Mary

5. Re: Pooler History

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, September 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Pooler