We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting there!

Which Jekyll Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Midwest
getting there!

Hi everyone, I'm looking to take a vacation to Jekyll Island from the midwest and I'm curious how everyone is getting there...I can't seem to find a simple way. Connecting flights and then driving? Flying into Hartsfield and then driving hours? Are most of the visitors from the south where it is drive-able the whole way? Help me if I'm missing something! Thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 279
1. Re: getting there!

I have friends that live on a neighboring island- St. Simon's. When they have relatives or family come and visit from out of town this is what they normally do. They either fly into Brunswick, Ga. airport or fly into Jacksonville, Florida airport (1 hour). Since I live in the Atlanta area we just hop into our car and drive the 5 hours either down I-16 to I-95 or down I-16 then through Jesup, Ga. Hope this helps!!

Savannah, Georgia
reviews: 1
2. Re: getting there!

Or, fly into Savannah, rent a car and drive from there. It would only be a couple of hours driving time. You will need a car anyway.

So, you best choice would be Jacksonville or Savannah. You might be able to get a direct flight to one of them. Otherwise, a connecting flight from Atlanta Hartsfield. I doubt if you could get a straight flight into Brunswick.

Gainesville, Georgia
reviews: 358
3. Re: getting there!

it's barely even an hour from the jacksonville airport

noblesville, Indiana
reviews: 21
4. Re: getting there!

Jacksonville Airport is the way to go. Very easy airport to navigate ( we have never had delays or problems) & sometimes you can get direct flights from the Midwest. It's almost all interstate to Jekyll & after you exit the interstate, the drive is beautiful anyway. Easily a 60 minute drive. Have fun.

5. Re: getting there!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, September 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Jekyll Island