We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plum Orchard Tours?

Cookeville...
reviews: 106
Plum Orchard Tours?

We have reservations for Sea Camp, arriving on a Sunday when the NPS has tours of Plum Orchard. The reservationist said that tickets for Plum Orchard should be purchased in St. Mary’s at the time of check-in for the boat to Sea Camp. Is this information accurate? And, if so, are there always spaces for the Plum Orchard ferry for those arriving on the island the same day? We’d hoped to arrive the day before, but Sea Camp was filled for that day. Thanks for any current information for the Plum Orchard tours for Sea Camp campers.

atlanta, georgia
Destination Expert
for Cumberland Island
reviews: 42
1. Re: Plum Orchard Tours?

It's strange that the NPS can't tell you if they will have tickets available. I guess is FCFS basis.

I wish I had more information but I don't. We rode bikes to Plum Orchard from SC. I imagine in this heat a boat ride will be cooler and less buggy! Hope you get a ticket and have fun!

Cookeville...
reviews: 106
2. Re: Plum Orchard Tours?

Thanks for the reply; I always enjoy your CI posts. Actually, we aren't going until Nov. so the bugs should be less of a problem then (we hope)! A maintenance worker gave a group of us an impromptu tour of P.O. years ago before when they'd just started renovations and before the tours were begun, but I haven't seen it since it was officially reopened. We aren't bikers--and tho' I've walked that far from Sea Camp, not sure I want to do that again. After the trip, I'll do a follow-up with more information.

3. Re: Plum Orchard Tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, October 05, 2012