We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Country's BBQ is excellent

Which Columbus hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cumming, Georgia
reviews: 41
Country's BBQ is excellent

I don't see Country's BBQ listed on here, but it's ten times better than most other BBQ places you'll ever see. For one thing, everything is pit-cooked and you can smell the aroma the minute you get out of your car. They also have a wide variety of menu items and the sides are one of the best things about eating there. (More vegetables than most other places and cooked in the true Southern style). The BBQ ribs are among the best I've ever had; worth a special trip.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 74
1. Re: Country's BBQ is excellent

If this is the same Country's BBQ that is in Montgomery, AL, with the annoying commercials, then I'm definitely not a fan. Grew up eating there and it's blech.

Calhoun, Georgia
reviews: 27
2. Re: Country's BBQ is excellent

I was wondering what Bbqman has to say. I always am leary of one time posts giving glowing reviews.

Cumming, Georgia
reviews: 41
3. Re: Country's BBQ is excellent

I have been posting to TripAdvisor now for over a year and I thought it needed to be said about Country's BBQ, not only because it started in Columbus, GA but because it really is superior to all other BBQ places in the surrounding area. And I have been to all of them, including 13th St., Fat Freddie's and the recently- departed Sonny's, and none serve better (and fresher) vegetables and NO one has better ribs. If you give Country's a try, you will see what I mean. They do (or did) have other franchises, in Montgomery and Auburn, but the original restaurants in Columbus are the flagship and their BBQ is second to none. Don't just take me word for it; try them and let me know if you agree or disagree.

Gainesville, Georgia
reviews: 358
4. Re: Country's BBQ is excellent

exceptional pork, savory smoked 2.5 and down ribs full flavored smoked on the bone thick with meat and cooked to perfection, moist carefully basteded and tenderly bathed in smoke turkey and chicken every bit as good. the mustard sauce reminded me of south carolina while the bbq slaw seemed borrowed from north carolina. every bite was delicious. amble beer selection which is served very cold was not a draw back as it is in most beer serving bbq establishments. sincere friendly service never once missed a beat. my only complaint about country's bbq is that i don't get down there to visit more often. plus it is below the gnat line, even if just a hair. this is great bbq worthy of it's rivals attention.

Charlotte, North...
reviews: 20
5. Re: Country's BBQ is excellent

Yeah I'll agree - I was just there this past Saturday and I was blown away. Great BBQ. I had the BBQ combo platter ($10) and it was great... and I had enough leftover for lunch the next day. And I don't think they are the same as the Montgomery, AL place... there was a sign inside that noted three locations, all within Columbus.

reviews: 3
6. Re: Country's BBQ is excellent

Have to visit Columbus 2x each year. Have eaten at 2 or 3 of the Country locations (how many do they have?). This place has decent bbq and moderate prices. However, the place has one big problem: the places are filthy. I almost fell walking by the kitchen because of all the grease on the floor. The glassware is not well cleaned. We peaked into the kitchen and saw grease all over the cooking appliances, walls, and saw lots of food on the floor. Busy restuarants such as this one don't have to stay clean because the crowd here is not too picky. The city health dept must be very lax in this town.

reviews: 3
7. Re: Country's BBQ is excellent

Have to visit Columbus 2x each year. Have eaten at 2 or 3 of the Country locations (how many do they have?). This place has decent bbq and moderate prices. However, the place has one big problem: the places are filthy. I almost fell walking by the kitchen because of all the grease on the floor. The glassware is not well cleaned. We peaked into the kitchen and saw grease all over the cooking appliances, walls, and saw lots of food on the floor. Busy restuarants such as this one don't have to stay clean because the crowd here is not too picky. The city health dept must be very lax in this town.

Gainesville, Georgia
reviews: 358
8. Re: Country's BBQ is excellent

delta is ready when you are

Georgia
reviews: 52
9. Re: Country's BBQ is excellent

I love it too. It is much better than any other BBQ place I have ever eaten. Their stew is so good. I love the chocolate ches pie too. I've never noticed it being dirty though. I always go to the one by Lowes.

Cusseta, GA
reviews: 22
10. Re: Country's BBQ is excellent

As a Columbus native, Country's BBQ has consistently been my favorite place to eat in Columbus since its opening in 1975. I ONLY enjoy BBQ at Country's. The portions are well sized and the service is great. Other favorite items on the menu are their homemade Ranch Salad Dressing, french fries, sweet potato soufle and the BIGGEST baked sweet potatoes you'll probably find anywhere! My husband and I try to eat there 2 - 3 times a week. Our pick out of the three Country's BBQ Columbus locations is on Mercury Drive.

Get answers to your questions about Columbus