We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day room in hotel near Atlanta Hartsfield airport

Which College Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minden, Nevada
Day room in hotel near Atlanta Hartsfield airport

Because of Hurricane Wilma airline cancellations my husband and I find ourselves with an 8 hour daytime layover in Atlanta (5am to 1pm). I have been calling reasonably priced motels in the area asking for "day room" rates and they don't have a clue what I'm talking about. We could book and guarantee the night before but when I mention that they also seem incredulous and I have no confidence that they would hold the room. Any ideas?

Spring/Houston, TX
Destination Expert
for Houston
reviews: 87
1. Re: Day room in hotel near Atlanta Hartsfield airport

You might try the Sheraton Gateway hotel. Day rooms are normally available overseas, but it would be nice if they had them here too. What I would suggest you do is book the room for the night before, and let them know you'll be arriving in the wee hours of the morning. Check out will be normal time, so be sure and request a late checkout. Hotels guarantee your room to your credit card, and that is to hold your room until you get there. If you no-show, then they can charge the room obviously. Be sure they note your late arrival on the reservation and get a print out with that statement, in case of problems later.

Get answers to your questions about College Park