We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday cakes

Which College Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Sussex, England
reviews: 108
Birthday cakes

Hi, we are staying in a hotel close to the airport early next year for 3 days before heading down to Orlando. It's my daughters 10th birthday whilst we are in Atlanta and I wanted to find out whether there are any speciality birthday cake shops where I can make her day special. Ideally not too far away from the Airport area as I'm not familiar with the area.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 256
1. Re: Birthday cakes

I do not know of any near the airport. Publix grocery stores do a good job of birthday cakes but I will have to check and see where the closest one is.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 73
2. Re: Birthday cakes

Although it's not what you asked, I do want to point out that the area around the airport is not the best. There is very little by way of restaurants and shops, and hardly anything will be within walking distance. It's a higher crime area, so you definitely won't want to be walking around at night. I think you'd get more out of your trip by staying in the city or in the Perimeter area, but again that's not what you asked.

Re: bakeries, if you will have a car, I don't think you can go wrong with Atlanta Cupcake Factory, which makes utterly divine cupcakes. I haven't found a better one in Atlanta, and I've done way too much looking. I also give high marks to the cupcakes at Highland Bakery and Star Provisions. None of these are on a MARTA line and they would require coming into Atlanta.

For something more economical, I agree with CeCe that Publix does a good job. You could get to Publix using MARTA if you went to the Atlantic Station (would also require taking Atlantic Station's free shuttle) or Plaza Midtown locations.

West Sussex, England
reviews: 108
3. Re: Birthday cakes

Thank you for these suggestions, it's appreciated

4. Re: Birthday cakes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 12, 2010
Get answers to your questions about College Park