We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Academy Grill in airport area

Which College Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 42
New Academy Grill in airport area

I know we get a lot of requests for dining options near the airport so I thought I'd share this.

My sister told me about a fairly new place down the street from the Barbecue Kitchen on Virginia Ave. called the Academy Grill. It looks like an old brick bungalow from the outside. They serve meat n' veggies in a more upscale setting. My sister has been twice and loved the meatloaf.

Apparently, it's run by a couple whose son attends the nearby Woodward Academy (thus the name). I drove by it back in March and didn't know what it was but saw a lot of people having lunch there.

If any of the regulars here end up going, let me know what you think.

Gainesville, Georgia
reviews: 333
1. Re: New Academy Grill in airport area

i'm glad to learn of a good place near the airport as they are few and far between. we'll try it next flight out. thanks for the endorsement. we look forward to seeing for ourselves.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 42
2. Re: New Academy Grill in airport area

BBQ, be sure to let me know how your visit goes. I haven't eaten there myself so I'd love to hear a review from someone other than a family member. We are true meat n' three enthusiasts. :-)

By the way, what do you think of Roasters, the local rotisserie chicken chain? I like their veggies except for the limas. They do something to them that makes them taste odd.

Riverdale, GA
reviews: 1
3. Re: New Academy Grill in airport area

I have eaten there several times! Truly great southern home cooking, it has become one of my favorites. The Mac and Cheese is almost as good as my Grandma's!

Also, their drink prices are a great deal considering what the other restaurants around the airport charge. They make the Academy Grill Margarita, it has ruined the ritas at all other restaurants! I can't stand to drink them anywhere else now!

Chances are the owner will stop by and say hi while you are there! Gotta love the family feel to the place. And the building itself is neat. Lots of great antiques used as decor.

I HIGHLY recommend checking it out!

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 4
4. Re: New Academy Grill in airport area

We loved it...very friendly service, good food and veggies, reasonably priced.

5. Re: New Academy Grill in airport area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:22 pm, September 30, 2009
Get answers to your questions about College Park
More College Park Topics