We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

edna's restaurant

Which Chatsworth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
reviews: 370
edna's restaurant

down home southern cooking with the emphasis on flavor. award winning fried chicken, fresh veggies seasoned to perfection and buttermilk pie to die for. the home made meatloaf here is a truckers delight as the big rigs roll up hwy 411. sunday dinner here is an extra special treat. best yeast rolls to be found any where for miles. it's like eating lunch at aunt grace's house.

Calhoun, Georgia
reviews: 32
1. Re: edna's restaurant

Mr. Bbqman, You must be traveling all over Georgia and trying my favorite restaurants. I haven't been to Edna's lately since it has been a while since we went to Chatsworth, but we always had to have the peanut butter pie when we went.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
2. Re: edna's restaurant

sorry my mistake. edna's has the great peanut butter pie. the buttermilk pie is at the lake ocoee inn near cleveland tn. thanks for the correction.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
3. Re: edna's restaurant

the place transcends a meat and three. it's home style with an emphasis on family and courtesy with hospitality coming to the fore front. a delicous meal with caring warm friendly service. it's just plain good groceries any how you stack it up! fresh ,well seasoned and resonabilly priced make us keep coming back for more. edna's is a keeper!

NW Ga
4. Re: edna's restaurant

Next time you get to Chatsworth you might want to give "The Village" a try. Walk through with your tray and get a choice of meats and veggies.....Just a little further north. Take a right at Hwy 52 <like you were heading to Fort Mountain State Park/Elijay> and then a left at the next street....if you don't you're out of town and should realize you're gonna starve unless you turn around>. Middle of the block...just look for all the cars.

I prefer it over Edna's.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
5. Re: edna's restaurant

is that where the old hong kong bar used to be next door to the bus station?

NW Ga
6. Re: edna's restaurant

I think that's what was there before. I'm just a tad young for experiencing the Hong Kong...but I have heard some stories. Normally shootings and knife fights. Now it's more meat and 3 and lots of church folks on sunday.

Augusta, GA
7. Re: edna's restaurant

I took a group of 16 folks from Augusta State University this past Saturday. I had read some great reviews on the place, and got a rave review from a senior faculty member who regularly ate at the old location in the late 60s during his master's degree field work. I contacted the restaurant a few days before traveling to the area. The staff gladly arranged a large table in the back room for the group. Although the prices are no longer at 1968 levels, it is still a great value. An excellent quality meat and three; the peanut butter pie is to die for. The entire group was filled for a modest price. Any trip to the Dalton/Chatsworth should include a mandatory stop at Edna's.

8. Re: edna's restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, September 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Chatsworth