We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Lanier Islands Magical Night of Light

Which Buford hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tennessee
reviews: 4
Lake Lanier Islands Magical Night of Light

Can someone tell me where I can get discount tickets for this event? Also how much Is it to go during the week Nov. 15-26?

7 replies to this topic
Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 70
1. Re: Lake Lanier Islands Magical Night of Light

Have you tried to Google it?

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 70
2. Re: Lake Lanier Islands Magical Night of Light

Never mind, I'll do it for you: http://www.lakelanierislands.com/mnol

atlanta ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 17
3. Re: Lake Lanier Islands Magical Night of Light

I would steer you away from this event, as it is not worth the money in my opinion, unless you want to go through a time warp to the 50s --- you drive through a series of 1950s style "light displays" one at a time. The traffic line is long and slow most nights.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 35
4. Re: Lake Lanier Islands Magical Night of Light

You can get coupons at Publix.

Buford, GA
reviews: 3
5. Re: Lake Lanier Islands Magical Night of Light

I am very sad to write a negative review for a place that our family used to LOVE. We live nearby and would load up the car several times a season with friends and family. This year, I would hate for another family like mine to waste their money. The changes this year were more than disappointing.

The big Christmas store is no more. It is replaced by a smaller area with lots fewer trees and lots more "snow world" t-shirts for sale. The atmosphere inside felt like a sales room or the entrance to a convention-- not the warm Christmas fuzzies.

The free ice skating is not on ice. It is laminate, plastic or something equally weird.

The snow mountain is about 1/3 to 1/2 the size of Snow Mountain at Stone Mountain. The other rides are down the summer water slides- minus the snow. The kids go down on plastic sleighs.

Also, the water rides are spaced a distance apart, so get ready to walk around in the cold.

The carnival is also broken apart and sectioned between the snow course.

There are two small areas for playing on the snow, but it was a heap frozen over.

I don't know what to say. I miss our the Nights of Lights from the previous years. Maybe newcomers will adore it, but I miss the ease,excitement, cheer and tradition of the old design. We likely will not take our out of town company this year due to the changes. :(

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 1
6. Re: Lake Lanier Islands Magical Night of Light

I recently went to Snow World at Lanier Islands and Snow Mountain at Stone Mountain. Snow World far surpassed Snow Mountain. Once you go down the hill at Snow Mountain, there's nothing else to do. At Snow World you get to slide down several long slides, the half pike into what is normally the wave pool and other rides are great. There is also an amazing Kid's area with where characters play with the kids and blow snow on them. We were very pleased and the cost per family was affordable. I don't think we will ever go to Stone Mountain again.

atlanta ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 17
7. Re: Lake Lanier Islands Magical Night of Light

SINCE BOGARD1 ONLY Has two posts in his entire history here, i would not lend any credibility to his statement. Lake Lanier's light display is grossly outdated, the good news is that I hear on radio commercials that they have dramatically reduced the fee for entry, probably due to competition, but to me it is still not worth the price of anything above $10.00 per car. Note that there are many homeowners who have a side business of selling refreshments along the route to the attraction, as you crawl at 2 miles per hour; I am guessing bogard maybe one of those folks.

Reply to: Lake Lanier Islands Magical Night of Light
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Buford