We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaf Change?

Which Blue Ridge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
118 posts
6 reviews
Leaf Change?

Can anyone tell me the best time for fall color change? Is there enough to do, in addition to outdoor activities, to warrant a week long visit? Thanks in advance for any assistance :)

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
19,520 posts
328 reviews
1. Re: Leaf Change?

Usually late October. During October there are several festivals in the area including the Apple festival. There is also the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway. We have never stayed a week- just usually a 4 day weekend.

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
118 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Leaf Change?

Thank you for your quick reply. I'll be coming in September, so I guess I will miss the color change. So a few days in Blue Ridge, and then maybe a couple hour drive to another location with interesting sites/scenery? Suggestions for another area? I'm getting out of hot and humid weather - will really enjoy the cooler weather and natural beauty, so I want to spend at least a week away.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,713 posts
394 reviews
3. Re: Leaf Change?

late november would be my best bet, but it all depends upon the weather, also any time is a good time to have a fat boy ribeye steak at the pink pig in cherry log, best steak in 40 miles of blue ridge, enjoy your trip

Ellijay, GA
Level Contributor
443 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: Leaf Change?

typically "Peak" is the first few days of November. Color starts showing up in the second half of October. However... I have seen it as late as Thanksgiving. You won't see color change in september but it is a beautiful time of year up here.

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
118 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Leaf Change?

Thank you for your response! :)

Level Contributor
52 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Leaf Change?

Go to Helen for couple days its an awesome German style town with lots of cool shops and good restaurants u can also just set by the river flowing through town and enjoy the scenery. And also take an excursion to amicola falls. Its so beautiful

7. Re: Leaf Change?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 13, 2014