We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaf Change?

Which Blue Ridge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Galveston, Texas
reviews: 5
Leaf Change?

Can anyone tell me the best time for fall color change? Is there enough to do, in addition to outdoor activities, to warrant a week long visit? Thanks in advance for any assistance :)

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 283
1. Re: Leaf Change?

Usually late October. During October there are several festivals in the area including the Apple festival. There is also the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway. We have never stayed a week- just usually a 4 day weekend.

Galveston, Texas
2. Re: Leaf Change?

Thank you for your quick reply. I'll be coming in September, so I guess I will miss the color change. So a few days in Blue Ridge, and then maybe a couple hour drive to another location with interesting sites/scenery? Suggestions for another area? I'm getting out of hot and humid weather - will really enjoy the cooler weather and natural beauty, so I want to spend at least a week away.

Gainesville, Georgia
reviews: 360
3. Re: Leaf Change?

late november would be my best bet, but it all depends upon the weather, also any time is a good time to have a fat boy ribeye steak at the pink pig in cherry log, best steak in 40 miles of blue ridge, enjoy your trip

Ellijay, GA
reviews: 24
4. Re: Leaf Change?

typically "Peak" is the first few days of November. Color starts showing up in the second half of October. However... I have seen it as late as Thanksgiving. You won't see color change in september but it is a beautiful time of year up here.

Galveston, Texas
5. Re: Leaf Change?

Thank you for your response! :)

reviews: 9
6. Re: Leaf Change?

Go to Helen for couple days its an awesome German style town with lots of cool shops and good restaurants u can also just set by the river flowing through town and enjoy the scenery. And also take an excursion to amicola falls. Its so beautiful

7. Re: Leaf Change?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 13, 2014