We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter in Blue Ridge Ga

Which Blue Ridge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mobile
Winter in Blue Ridge Ga

My wife and I cant get away for vacation until the middle of February this year ,and Im wondering if it is a reasonable risk to book cabin at this time ,considering that we wont be driving a four wheel drive car..Any body out there experienced with driving in Blue Ridge in February ?

Don

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 70
1. Re: Winter in Blue Ridge Ga

It's hit or miss. Can there be winter weather like ice and snow? Yes. Can it be mild with temps in the 50s? Yes.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 4
2. Re: Winter in Blue Ridge Ga

I completely agree with Stevedec. I've been to Blue Ridge a few times during the winter months. Once I only needed a light jacket, and another time we could hardly leave the cabin because of the snow. Unfortunately, you'll just have to play it by ear. If you wait until late February/early March, you may have a better chance of catching some more desirable weather.

Mobile
3. Re: Winter in Blue Ridge Ga

Thanks for the replies folks ,Coming from Mobile we kind of like the idea of getting snowed in a day or two,my concern is that the roads stay icy for the whole week ,or longer.LOL Last November we had just one cold day..Hot tubs on warm nights is just not the same.

Don

Edited: 7:33 pm, October 22, 2012
Ellijay
reviews: 3
4. Re: Winter in Blue Ridge Ga

We had a very mild winter last year and the year before thought we were living in Fargo, ND. The reply from Disa is very spot on and your assumption that the roads can stay icy long after the snow storm is also right. If the road is on the shady side of the mountain and does not receive any direct sunlight it can take several days for the ice to melt if the temperature does not get above freezing. However, if you plan for this, take extra food and water and understand that you may loose electricity, and also know that the cabin rental company really has absolutely no control over the weather you will have a marvelous time.

You can always cook using the grill as most cabins have LP gas grills and you can heat water, make coffee and cook meals. Set on the deck and watch mother nature in a splendid setting.

Ellijay, GA
reviews: 24
5. Re: Winter in Blue Ridge Ga

North Gahandyman is oh so right. I'm hoping for another mild winter. Getting snowed in for a day is fun, however if the sun doesn't hit the road or the temps don't get above freezing you may night be able to get out for many, many days. We don't have snow plows. If you come just bring lots of extra food. I would also suggest travel insurance in case you get snowed OUT of the cabin!

6. Re: Winter in Blue Ridge Ga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 pm, February 12, 2013
Mobile
7. Re: Winter in Blue Ridge Ga

But its my thread and now Im wondering what was said.lol

8. Re: Winter in Blue Ridge Ga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 25, 2014