We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nevaeh or Cabin Rentals of Georgia?

Which Blue Ridge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jacksonville,FL
reviews: 7
Nevaeh or Cabin Rentals of Georgia?

Family of 4 wanting to spend the week between Christmas and New Years in a cabin in the Blue Ridge Area. Looking for rental agencies to use or avoid. Found a cabin we like and available with each Nevaeh and Cabin Rentals of Georgia. Any advice between these two companies? Or any reccommendations for another.

We would like a 3 bedroom, large, hot tub, fireplaces, nice TVs, game room, leather furniture, spacious, good views but not so remote that we are stuck there especially in the winter....basically everything for a perfect vacation for a reasonable price.

Thanks in advance.

Tampa, Florida
reviews: 1
1. Re: Nevaeh or Cabin Rentals of Georgia?

Neveah is supposed to be very reputable. I don't like to say negative things about people/companies but I would not deal with the other company - this is from personal experience.

Escape to Blue Ridge is another reputable cabin rental company ,

Good Luck!

Jacksonville,FL
reviews: 7
2. Re: Nevaeh or Cabin Rentals of Georgia?

Thank you. I will go with Neveah. Plus the price was great!

Tampa, Florida
reviews: 1
3. Re: Nevaeh or Cabin Rentals of Georgia?

You're very welcome!

Mississippi
reviews: 8
4. Re: Nevaeh or Cabin Rentals of Georgia?

I agree with this post. Beware of lots of fees from Cabin Rentals of Georgia www.cabin-rentals-of-georgia.com. They charged us $125 to cancel a reservation over 3 months in advance. They charge a fee to process your reservation and the fine print in their policies and agreements is incredible.

Blue Ridge, Georgia
5. Re: Nevaeh or Cabin Rentals of Georgia?

It is regretful that some feel that Cabin Rental of Georgia is not above reproach. We believe that the accusations expressed are unjust, and in an attempt to explain our policies we hope that certain issues can be cleared up. When you book a cabin with us, there is a reservation fee in the amount of 3.5% to cover administrative costs as well as the cost to process the credit card. In the event that there is a cancellation, the fee is $75.00. During holiday periods, that amount increases to $100.

All of this information is stated very clearly in our reservation agreement to which all guests agree when they make their reservation. When there is a cancellation, no matter how distant, the reservation agreement has been signed indicating an agreement and understanding of all charges. In addition to these particular issues, all of our policies are clearly stated in this agreement and the consequences of failing to comply with these policies are also clearly delineated.

None of this makes Cabin Rentals of Georgia a less reputable company. Because all of our policies, costs, and fees are clearly stated in this reservation agreement, people are free to find another company to deal with more to their liking.

Florence, USA
6. Re: Nevaeh or Cabin Rentals of Georgia?

RE: Nevaeh Cabin Rentals/Crockett Mountain Lodge

NOTE: I sent them an email asking to give an updated review of the cabin I rented from them since their reviews are 5 years old and still haven't gotten a reply but they replied promptly when I was interested in paying them $$ to rent. Here is my review:

We just stayed at Crockett Mountain Lodge in Cherry Log, GA booked from Nevaeh Rentals on Feb 22-24, 2013. I initially noticed that all the reviews on this cabin were from 2008 or older. I was concerned about that and asked why the reviews were from five years ago and got a vague answer about some other website not updating reviews but these were also the same ones on the Nevaeh website. I pushed those concerns aside and asked about the hot tub, if it was cleaned and sanitized after each rental and was reassured that it was. In addition, I specifically wanted a cabin with a pool table which this one had. Upon arrival, the cabin itself was beautiful other than the lopsided front porch steps. However, I soon found out the icemaker dispenser didn't work, which was not that big of a deal. The outside fireplace area was also much smaller than it appeared in the picture and the gas fireplace put out almost no heat (really needs to be a real wood burning fireplace which I really wanted but went with this because of pool table and hot tub amenities). Next we went to look at the hot tub and it was very large and seemed nice but upon removing the cover we were horrified to see greenish brown water with brown foam around the edges. We soon found out that all the water in the cabin was this brown color and realized that there must be copper in the water so no need to call and get the hot tub cleaned because it would still be brown so that was ruined for us. At the very least, guests should be told in advance why the water is that color! Next, the pool table was warped and couldn't be used. The two main amenities I shopped around for for weeks were not usable: pool table and hot tub. I shouldve went with the first cabin I found with the outdoor party porch and wood burning fireplace, since I got none of the main amenties I wanted on this one. In addition, the tv remotes and stereo are NOT user friendly. You cannot change the station on the stereo except very slowly, one little frequency at a time and you become exhausted and give up before you can even find a good station. So we decided to put some of our CD's in the stereo to find that the CD player did not work. And when I tried to change channels on the tv, it lost signal and there are too many remotes without indicating which is which. So all in all, I was disappointed in this whole cabin rental. Yes the cabin itself was nice and roomy, our keys were in the lock box with detailed directions, there were plenty of towels and the sheets were nice but I paid specifically for those other amenties as well and they weren't there! And one more thing, the basketballs on the indoor basketball game were flat. Someone really needs to pay more attention to details before taking the hard earned money of renters. Another lesson learned: If the reviews are several years old, there is usually an underlying reason for it. I will make sure a cabin has recent, updated, realistic (not generic sounding "the property met my expectations" ) reviews in the future!

7. Re: Nevaeh or Cabin Rentals of Georgia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:36 am, June 08, 2013
8. Re: Nevaeh or Cabin Rentals of Georgia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 09, 2014