We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Labor Day in the mountains possible? 2 night cabin?

Which Blue Ridge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ATL
reviews: 3
Labor Day in the mountains possible? 2 night cabin?

I think I've been on every possible cabin rental site, and Craig's List, but everyone seems to have a 3 night minimum stay next weekend for the holiday (if they aren't already sold out).

Anyone know of a reputable 3 bedroom cabin that might still be available for Sat/Sun night next weekend? We just can't get off of work early enough to include Friday night (not to mention the extra expense).

Thanks for any help!

Deparate for s stress free weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

Blue Ridge, GA
1. Re: Labor Day in the mountains possible? 2 night cabin?

Here's a suggestion - go on craigslist under vacation rental and do you own post with the title something like "Looking for 2 Night Labor Day Getaway."

Then in the body of the email, list the amenities you are looking for (how many baths, water view, mountain view, etc).

I'm sure you'll get responses from cabin owners whos cabins are still available and you can then decide if their cabin works for you.

Good Luck!

atlanta ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 17
2. Re: Labor Day in the mountains possible? 2 night cabin?

Another strategy: Pay for 3 nights and stay 2, especially if you have more than 2 guests. A hotel for two nights will probably still be more expensive at 2 nights than a cabin would be for 3 (or close to the same price unless you stay at a 2-3 star hotel), and you would not have near the amenities that you would have with a cabin (private hot-tub, mutliple bathrooms, beds, and TVs, and a full kitchen).

Florida
reviews: 10
3. Re: Labor Day in the mountains possible? 2 night cabin?

We are renting from this site (end of October), and I checked for availability this coming week end....they have a few cabins available. I don't see a minimum number of nights for holiday weekends, but even so, I bet you could ask to stay just two days if there is no other renter (better to have 2 nights rent from you than nothing).

Maybe you can find something here....if you do, please let me know.....I'd like to hear your trip report.

www.cabin-rentals-of-georgia.com/index.htm

4. Re: Labor Day in the mountains possible? 2 night cabin?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 01, 2010