We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MIA to Weston

Which Weston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Managua, Nicaragua
reviews: 12
MIA to Weston

I'm arriving at the Miami Airport. I need to go to far west side of Weston, and need a suggestion. I don't drive ,so must be a bus or a taxi.

Thank you

Sensei

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
1. Re: MIA to Weston

I think a taxi would be more than $75 one way as Weston is about 30 miles from MIA. I am not aware of any bus service, but there is a shared ride van called Super Shuttle avalable outside baggage claim- that is likely your best bet. However , it does charge per person- if you are traveling with others a taxi might be cheaper- if you are alone or a party of two , Super Shuttle would be best, but may take a very circuitous route dropping off others enroute.

supershuttle.com/en/MIAAirportShuttleMiami.h…

Public transportation in the Weston area is not very well developed - so I am wondering how you will get along there without a car

Managua, Nicaragua
2. Re: MIA to Weston

Thank you, Lulutoo. That is a great help. I am all alone by myself. I don't want to drive. I can't walk too far. I don't know anybody and not familiar with the area. I have some limitations.

I think I will take a shuttle bus to Ft.Lauderdale, and from there take a taxi to Weston.

Thank you again and more info you have will be appreciated.

Sensei

Weston, FL
Destination Expert
for Weston
reviews: 78
3. Re: MIA to Weston

Hello Senseits: Welcome to the forum. Maybe it would be easier for you to just contact a car service that will take you directly to Weston rather than going to Fort Lauderdale and transferring to another vehicle to get to Weston. It may end up being close to the same cost.

Here's a link to some local car service companies where you can email and get a quote on the fees.

magicyellow.com/category/…Weston_FL.html

Managua, Nicaragua
4. Re: MIA to Weston

Thank you, FLDoyle,

Looks great but Limo for one person, I don't know.

Any info a bus shuttle from MIA to FLL ??

Thanks

Sensei

Edited: 11:25 am, January 11, 2011
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
5. Re: MIA to Weston

I do agree that it would seem not necessary to take a shuttle or any transportation to FLL from MIA if your final destination is Weston- you would actually be going further east and north than necassary, as Weston is on the opposite side of town from FLL and the Airport in Miami is west as well- and it would really not save you much of anything I wouldn't think in time or money the long run. I'd just take that Super Shuttle if I were you- it will cost less than a taxi ( probably less than half the taxi fare) and will drop you off at the door of your accomodation without the need to lug belongings around. You can just sit back and let it run whatever route it will- you may luck out and be the first dropped off depending on who else is travelling.

When I get the chance I wlll , look up local buses from Weston into Ft. Lauderdale for you to use locally once you arrive. I assume you want to see the Ocean while you are here- and Weston is pretty far west of that- so I'll try to get you situated with the bus schedules to get to the beach/tourist area.

There is a light rail service form TriRail that could take you from MIA to FLL very cheaply - and then you could take their local shared ride from FLL ( called Go Van) but it would involve a shuttle bus ride ( free) from /to the two airports as TriRail is off site slightly- and the Tri Rail doesn't run all that often especially night s and weekendsor very late-and no luggage assistance for any of it- so I think after a long flight I'd do Super Shuttle- maybe Tri Rail getting back to The Airport would be something to investigate for the return.

Managua, Nicaragua
6. Re: MIA to Weston

You are right, Lulutoo. I'll take a super shattle direct to Weston. I didn't know the super shuttle goes to the residence.

Thank you all for your help.

I am there for the workshop, not much interested in sightseeing this time.

Sensei

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
reviews: 22
7. Re: MIA to Weston

Do you need to go to Weston or can you change? It is very far out in the boondocks and really isn't an area I would ever send someone to who doesn't drive (or can drive but won't).

I am a bit worried for you to be truthful.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
8. Re: MIA to Weston

Weston is not an area to worry about at all- very upscale and safe - and the OP is coming to a conference/training there , so obviously will be in a business atmosphere of some sort. But it is a shame to have to be so far west of beautiful Ft. Lauderdale beach- maybe someone else at the conference will have a car to take a group out one night to see a bit of the tourist area. Weston actually is a popular area with travellers from the UK , as there are several large timeshare properties there.

Managua, Nicaragua
9. Re: MIA to Weston

Thank you for the suggestions. But remember one thing, I do Not go to Weston by choice. I go to the Workshop which happens to be IN Weston. I prefer in Miami. I just want to go to the workshop and come back, NO visiting friends or seeing something.

10. Re: MIA to Weston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, July 11, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Weston