We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Day Stay - WPB

Which West Palm Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
reviews: 6
One Day Stay - WPB

I will be flying into WPB on a Sunday, get their early afternoon. I will be staying at the Hampton Inn Airport Hotel. I will be using their shuttle services they provide to get around for the day. I know they offer a shuttle service from the airport to hotel. Then I believe they also provide a shuttle to the Convention Center and to City Place. What would be the best way and places to visit on my one day/night stay?

Will be heading off to Key West early the next morning.

4 replies to this topic
West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
reviews: 9
1. Re: One Day Stay - WPB

If you are coming this Sunday, downtown will be crazy due to Sunfest, but very fun. There are fireworks at 9:00 as well. Sunfest is a huge 5 day music festival that started this past yesterday, and the last day is Sunday. Even if you do not go into the festival, downtown would be fun to hang in. I would take your hotel shuttle to City Place. This is an entertainment complex very close to the main drag in West Palm Beach called Clematis Street. From City Place you can eaither grab a trolley to Clematis Street, or really walk. When you get to City Place, find guest services located behind Anthropology, and they should be able to provide you w/ a trolley schedule(runs every 10 minutes), or point you in the direction to walk to Clematis. Have fun. I will be downtown at the festival myself on Sunday!

http://www.sunfest.com/

http://www.cityplace.com/

http://www.westpalmbeach.com/clematis/

Baltimore, Maryland
reviews: 6
2. Re: One Day Stay - WPB

Thank You for the reply. This should make for a fun day.

Austin, Texas
reviews: 1
3. Re: One Day Stay - WPB

I am coming to WPB area for business. I can be flexible as to nearby towns to stay. I am looking for something on the water that has a restaurant or access to restaurants. I have champagne tastes on a beer budget, and need to keep the room around $140. Any ideas are appreciated.

I like restaurants and shopping. I don't care about nightlife.

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
reviews: 9
4. Re: One Day Stay - WPB

Since it is a Sunday, you may get lower prices as opposed to a Friday or Saturday, however a lot of hotels on the water are higher than 140. You could stay at any of the hotels near the airport. It is not on the water, but close to downtown which is right on the intracoastal, and over the bridge from the Ocean. You could also check out the Hyatt in downtown which is close to Clematis street and a block from the Intracoastal. Clematis has tons of shops and restaurants. if you wanted to be directly on the ocean, you could stay up on Singer island which is just on the North side of downtown. There is the Seaspray Inn which is fairly inexpensive, w/ a great little pool bar, and it is directly on the ocean. There are a few restaurants w/in walking distance from there, and I prefer Johnny Longboats personally. You could also check Marriot Ocean Pointe which is in Palm Beach Shores(Singer Island), or Palm Beach Shores Resort(Singer Island), or the Hilton on Singer Island...may be a bit higher, but worth a check if you want to be directly on the water.

Reply to: One Day Stay - WPB
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted